Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IELT, or How Long Does PIV Sex Really Last?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texasred
    replied
    Originally posted by a_dub View Post

Is that from the male perspective? Good news...
    Yeah, that's my experience, and I came across a study somewhere that said the same thing. In my case, piv takes about 3 - 5 times longer.

Leave a comment:

• a_dub
    replied
    Originally posted by Texasred View Post
    You'd think there'd be some correlation, right? But then, masturbation is generally a lot more intense stimulation than piv sex, so there might be none.
    Is that from the male perspective? Good news cuz I should last longer in PIV if thats the case, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Texasred
    replied
    Originally posted by a_dub View Post
    I wonder how this correlates with masturbation time for men.
    You'd think there'd be some correlation, right? But then, masturbation is generally a lot more intense stimulation than piv sex, so there might be none.
    The studies of IELT time only considered couples who were in relatively long-standing relationships. Which probably also affects the times: that initial excitement factor has worn off...

Leave a comment:

• muffin70
    replied
    well I'm in the 2-4 minute category.... I always make my wife orgasm by using my fingers and kissing / sucking her nipples, then once I enter her I rarely last more than 3 minutes.... but a couple of weeks ago I was having trouble keeping my erection hard, so I just kept going and made sure it didn't pop out and eventually it hardened fully and I ejaculated - that was about 6-7 minutes maybe? My heart was racing so much after that it took me ages to get back to sleep!

Leave a comment:

• a_dub
    replied
    I wonder how this correlates with masturbation time for men.

Leave a comment:

• Texasred
    replied
    Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    ...I think the men who go 15-20 minutes, at least maybe at my age, are more common.
    Don't know how old you are, but it also seems that as men get older, their "IELT" takes longer. Which could be about the only good thing about being older! :-)
    Thus increasing the aerobic activity and health benefits of sex!

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    Well, I think there are actually fewer "minute men", or at least those who'd ever admit to it. I don't have stats on that however. I think the men who go 15-20 minutes, at least maybe at my age, are more common.

Leave a comment:

• Texasred
    replied
    Got it. But they discussed both averages and medians. Interestingly, the average isnt dragged down much by "minute men" - after all, zero is as low as you can go - but it is dragged up by the very few who go 30, 40, or 50 minutes, so the average is 2 minutes longer than the median: around 8.5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    I've been with what I guess is more than my fair share of "minute men" so...I think that drags down the averages. For that reason, this didn't reach out and grab my attention much I guess.

Leave a comment:

• jns
    replied
    If PIV sex lasted very long, more older people would be dying of heart attacks. As for women being short changed, most women do not orgasm from PIV sex. I doubt that longer PIV sex would change that by much. What seems to work from partners for the most women are skilled tongues, toys and hands. No reports on how long those are used?

Leave a comment:

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X