Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Been Super Horny But Weren't Sure Why? Let's Talk Female Libido!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMGoodness Yes especially at night, I was chatting with my boyfriend one night & I told him I was & He was like you always are & I'm like I know & I don't know why.

Comment

• Hi guy thanks for the add. My partner has lost her sex drive are there any natural remedies anyone can help with she very dry around her private area sex is no longer what makes a woman get back her sex drive. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Matthew

Comment

• Matt73

Without knowing anything about her situation (age, health, previous attitudes toward sex, etc.), the remedy is a little hard to pinpoint.

Decreased sex drive and vaginal dryness can have a lot of root causes — from hormonal to physical-health-related, to mental, emotional, life situation, or even age-related reasons.

While the simplest solution to vaginal dryness is typically the use of a vaginal moisturizer or lubricant during sex, that doesn’t generally “cure” low libido. It makes sex easier/possible, and sometimes that’s enough to trigger a short boost in a person’s sexual drive for as long as the sex lasts — but not always.

I’ve dealt with low libido on and off (usually due to exhaustion, which is partly health-related, partly work/life related, and due to midlife hormones most likely), and I might not be in the mood until things really get going. In that way, lube can help a lot. But it doesn’t “fix” a person’s sex drive over the long term (that I’ve found). Honestly, I could probably go for months without sex and not even bat an eye or care in the slightest. It’s not at the forefront of my mind the vast majority of the time. I can get in the mood, but I don’t do it on my own out of the blue, if that makes sense.

Have you tried talking to her about it? That might be the first place to start — not in an accusing way like “How come you’re never horny anymore?” but more from a place of concern.

The words you choose are up to you, but I think it’s a meaningful conversation to have.
        Last edited by Alison H.; 07-19-2022, 08:52 AM. Reason: fixing weird formatting...

Comment

• Interesting about "morning hornies". I thought I was the only woman to experience those. I literally have something analogical to morning erections that guys have, I wake up with my genitalia swollen and I tend to have erotic dreams in the morning. I can wake up masturbating too.

About experts, unfortunately some seem to still live in the middle ages. I had one gynecologist tell me I'm crazy, because I said that I have a high libido and because my clitoris hurt after certain hormonal medication. I don't know why she would rather tell the patient she is crazy than admit that hormonal medications have sexual side effects - as said in the thread, she is deep inside the social norms from the middle ages and wrongly generalises her own experiences to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space-Traveller View Post
            Interesting about "morning hornies". I thought I was the only woman to experience those. I literally have something analogical to morning erections that guys have, I wake up with my genitalia swollen and I tend to have erotic dreams in the morning. I can wake up masturbating too.

About experts, unfortunately some seem to still live in the middle ages. I had one gynecologist tell me I'm crazy, because I said that I have a high libido and because my clitoris hurt after certain hormonal medication. I don't know why she would rather tell the patient she is crazy than admit that hormonal medications have sexual side effects - as said in the thread, she is deep inside the social norms from the middle ages and wrongly generalises her own experiences to others.
            As far as I can tell, there seems to be an analog for women of almost every thing that men experience about sex (or maybe it is vice versa). Women can have the equivalent of wet dreams for guys.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

As far as I can tell, there seems to be an analog for women of almost every thing that men experience about sex (or maybe it is vice versa). Women can have the equivalent of wet dreams for guys.
              We're all human and there are a lot of similarities in how male and female bodies work.

Well, yeah, I have had wet dreams. I think people don't talk about it often, because it's less noticable when a woman is aroused or gets more vaginal fluid. To me it's quite noticable, but an erect penis or an ejaculation are visible in a very foolproof manner.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                husband has tried to replicate it
                however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
              • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
              • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
              • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
              • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
              • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
              Working...
              X