Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Submissive Husband & Dominant Wife Dynamic — Let's Talk About BDSM!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Submissive Husband & Dominant Wife Dynamic — Let's Talk About BDSM!

When we think of “submissive” husbands, we might envision some quiet, meek guy who is excessively subservient to his wife.

But the truth is, many men actually enjoy being submissive in the bedroom as part of BDSM sex play!

I recently wrote about this topic for our article, “Understanding The Submissive Husband/Dominant Wife Dynamic” and you can read it here:

https://www.womens-health.com/submis...-dominant-wife

Are you currently or have you ever been engaged in a submissive husband relationship? If so, how do you and your partner navigate this dynamic? If not, is it something you fantasize about being part of one day? What turns you on about the idea?

• Hi Gena! Wow, such a juicy article...I just read it and think it is excellent. I never thought of the various dimensions to this, and stuff like "slaves" being involved! WOW!

But what is most interesting to me, is that being submissive is not a sign of WEAKNESS but one of STRENGTH, and also how much responsibility the "Dom" has for the sub in terms of respect, boundaries and caring about that person enough such that they would never violate the trust that's been instilled in them through the BDSM agreement they're both fulfilling.

On my side, I tend to be a "Dom" in my relationships and usually meld well with women who like to be taken, dominated and yeah, a little bit roughed up too, in a consensual way of course!

And at the same time, I have a softer side that allows affection, warmth, kindness and intimacy, and passion in a more traditional lovemaking way...so I guess I straddle both sides of the spectrum, and perhaps that is what has made me a great lover my entire life -- I can read the room, while still adhering to my instincts and what I want to do in the moment.

Very fascinating stuff, and I'd be super curious to hear from the other forum members if they've ever had these types of fantasies or participated in this arrangement.

Comment

• This article is fantastic. Def gonna read it again with the hubs tonight.

I love the focus on communication...it’s crazy how many couples think they don’t need to talk through sexual experiences when they’re trying something new. Talking and taking time to process is crucial to any sort of power-play in relationships.
      I also love the wide spectrum of activities covered. So many views on BDSM and the like are so narrow, as if it’s all about whips and leather (nothing against those, but there’s so much more).

Comment

• Wednesday L.F. Yes I think the focus on communication is so important for every relationship (kinky or otherwise)! My bf and I have been in an open relationship for years and people always say "Oh I couldn't do that." If it's something you can't do that's a bad sign for your relationship in my opinion. If it's something you're not into, I totally get that. But if you can't, to me that's saying you don't have enough trust and communication with your partner because that's really all it takes.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
        • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
        • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
        • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
        • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
        Working...
        X