Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alison H.
    replied
    I don't know that I've ever fantasized about it, but I have been attracted to (and dated) people of ethnicities other than my own. I know there have been strides here (in the US) as far as social "acceptance" (I hate that term but not sure how else to describe it) but a LOT of that is dependent upon the area too — some areas of the country, it doesn't raise so much as a glimpse, in other locations, folks will stare/make comments (as you describe happening in South Africa).

I think that those attitudes become, unfortunately, ingrained in a society for so long that it takes decades and in some cases centuries for them to finally lose their hold. A person should be able to pursue a relationship with another consenting adult regardless of ethnicity, background, or any other factor.

I think people are beautiful, each in their own ways — in part because of their ethnicity (whatever it happens to be) but also because of the way that shapes their background and experience, too, influencing who they are as a person. It's fascinating to me, if that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• jns
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Wagon View Post
    I am a black woman and live in South Africa. Because of the history of racial segregation it is very very rare to see a mixed couple. So much so that people usually stare and make snide comments when they spot one. I have wanted nothing more than to be with someone of a different race mostly European.
    Welcome to WH Interactive Forums. I think that you would maybe have an easier time to find a partner of a different race in some other country from what you are describing.

Leave a comment:

• G-Wagon
    started a topic Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

I am a black woman and live in South Africa. Because of the history of racial segregation it is very very rare to see a mixed couple. So much so that people usually stare and make snide comments when they spot one. I have wanted nothing more than to be with someone of a different race mostly European.
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X