Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your clitoris sensitive?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your clitoris sensitive?

I feel like there's something wrong with my clitoris. I think it's not sensitive enough. Also, I never get aroused. I know how that's supposed to feel and sometimes, very rarely, I can achieve some sort of sensation of that kind when I'm alone, but never with my partner. However, usually, doesn't matter if I do it myself in private or he does it for me, I barely feel anything.

There's no pleasure. And I know it's supposed to be there, because I used to be able to feel that before. Now, for the 80% of the process I just don't feel anything particular. It's like he's just touching any other part of my body, it doesn't do anything. I start to feel something nearing the end, and then the orgasm.

I feel strong attraction towards him emotionally, but it's like my body doesn't synchronize to that. That emotion doesn't go there. So there's desire, but there are no pleasurable sensations accompanying it.

He's my second sexual partner, and before we started dating I used to be single for nearly 3 years. My first boyfriend was distant and often shamed me or simply deprived me of any pleasure during sex. Could it be because of that..?

What do I do? Do you feel anything intense when getting stimulated?

• Hi Chloe,

Given that you used to feel those sensations in the past, I do think it's possible that on some level, your past experience with your former boyfriend (being distant, shaming you, or depriving you of pleasure) likely IS having, if not a physical effect, a mental and emotional one on the sensations you feel now.

The mind plays a *huge* role in our ability to experience sexual pleasure. For instance, at least in my experience, if my head is not in the game (too much on my mind, other things I'm worried about, etc.) I just CANNOT reach orgasm and although I feel "something" during stimulation... it's just... not much. Because my mind/mood isn't right there with me.

On the other hand, when my mind/mood/emotion is on board, those sensations are intense during stimulation. Comparing the two, the stimulation/sex could be exactly the same from one situation to another, and yet... only one of those situations results in stimulation/orgasm.

It's almost like you can shut those sensations down, through mind-power alone. At least that's how it feels.

Have you talked to your current boyfriend about this? Is he aware of your past experience (and how that might be shaping things now)?

Talking to him might help in two ways — the first, he'll be aware of what's going on. Second, he may be able to help you work through those past hurts so you can feel "deserving" of pleasure in this way, essentially helping you to put your mind and emotions in a better place that allows for those sensations to rise to the surface if that makes sense.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
      husband has tried to replicate it
      however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
    • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
    • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
    Working...
    X