Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPV and Genital Herpes

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colferstacy
    replied
    I am so sorry to hear about your problem. I was also diagnosed with genital herpes a year ago. I never imagined getting an STD at any point in my life. I did many tests and it was negative I thought I was good but then I decided to test it the last time to be sure. Then I tested again and expected the same results as before. But, I was informed that it was positive. I was shaken. Sometimes, when the outbreak of this infection was at its peak, I believed I could be infected with other STDs like HPV, HIV, or AIDS but when there were no outbreaks, I felt well that time. Now, through telehealth Ongo Care, I am receiving medication and pieces of advice from my doctor from time to time. I realized that getting the medication on time helped to stop the outbreak of this infection. It helps to make me forget that I'm infected.

Leave a comment:

• georgeHelious
    replied
    I like it this topic

Leave a comment:

• Worried78
    replied
    Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a lot

Leave a comment:

• Wednesday L.F.
    replied
    I have a friend who caught herpes and lost her virginity in one event. She was sure her life was over. It wasn't. The truth is, with STDs (and most negative things in our pasts) the right partner will understand.

Some people put their herpes status in their dating profiles. I'm not sure it's necessary to be that upfront about it. But obviously it's something you'll want to mention to any new partner. There will absolutely be people who are *******s about it. The right person though, will understand that sex is complicated and mistakes happen and that everything can be dealt with using mutual respect and good communication.

In short, I can understand how you feel. Please know that you absolutely CAN find a loving partner if you do indeed have herpes. The friend I referenced is now happily married with children.

Leave a comment:

• Worried78
    started a topic HPV and Genital Herpes

HPV and Genital Herpes

Hi, i’m new and really embarrassed.
    After being married 20+ years i found myself single again. Over the last couple of years i’ve had a few partners and am embarrassed to admit that due to being on the pill the thought of safety never entered my stupid head.
    I had my smear last month which shows i have HPV. After a trip to the GP today she think i may have herpes. I feel so dirty and am worried i will never be able to find a long term partner due to my stupidity ?
or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• My boyfriend can't finish while having sex with me

Hello everyone,
    I am 52, my boyfriend is 53. Him and I have been in a committed relationship for 10 months. From the beginning our sex life has...

02-29-2024, 12:55 PM By tgraykansas
  • Have you ever held a penis while peeing?

My fwb recently asked if she could hold me while I peed. I was totally open to it but kept getting hard when she tried to lol.

Has anyone...

02-29-2024, 11:55 AM By MrMr
  • should I divorce

Due to a sexless marriage, I have found myself losing interest in my partner, we have both put on weight her 50 and me 15 and now do not desire her. I...

02-07-2024, 08:59 AM By CJ99
  • Sexless in Seatle

All was great during the dating period, sex once a day or more then marriage, work stress and a move and that killed the sex drive. Not in the morning...

02-06-2024, 09:33 PM By CJ99
  • Wife won't let husband finish inside her

Hi, first time posting.
    I've been married to my wife for 24yrs now. She has never required me to wear a condom to have sex with her. After our 2nd...

02-02-2024, 10:18 PM By Kimroger
Working...
X