Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help selecting the right lube

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help selecting the right lube

Well... that's pretty straight-forward.

I know I'm only 19, but my BC has really affected my ability to lubricate myself, and I don't really want to switch off of it, because it's the kind that only gives me my period four times a year (which is nice).

I tried to pick out lube once, but I had no idea what to look for. I ended up just picking up a bottle of KY Warming Jelly, which works in normal circumstances.... but not so well in others. The stuff starts to burn really badly during high-friction sex, and if I get any little cuts from the rough play, the lube stings it just like alcohol would.
    Would normal, non-warming lube be the solution, or is there gentler stuff that won't burn if we decide to be a little rough with each other?

Advice/tips would be appreciated.
    sigpic

• Try Liquid Silk.

Comment

• Also try keeping a glass of water handy to dip your fingers into and add a bit of extra liquid to the lube occasionally. SOme lubes tend to thicken a bit

Comment

• When i use lube i get so cold.. it's a complete turn off is it normal? or am i using the wrong lube?
        "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"

-Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have tried a bunch of lubes. The best one I have found is astroglide. It stays silky,never gets sticky and wipes off good. I got mine at an adult store but walmart carries it too. I would warn against the ky yours and mine, bad stuff. sticky and irritating. Have fun!!!

Comment

• Have questions about using coconut oil as lube?

We have more answers!

Read our Knowledge Base article, “Can You Use Coconut Oil As Lube, Or For Anal Sex? Is It Safe?” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/coconut-oil-as-lube

COCONUT OIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tHis is the best you can use. Super gentle. keep it in fridge so it gets hard. then before sex break off pieces and insert in whichever opening is appropriate for your situation. it will melt and lube you exactly where you need it most. use after clean up too for soothing.
            Last edited by Alison H.; 11-30-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• I never would have thought of coconut oil. Isn't it uncomfortable waiting for the stuff to melt? I'm not so sure I'd like sticking ice in my vagina...
              sigpic

Comment

• Sticking things that contain sugars can cause some nasty infections, be careful.
                There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• stick things in your vagina that contain sugars....that is what it should have read lol
                  There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                    2. Consider seeking help

Yesterday, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
                  • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
                  • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
                  • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing
                  • Reply to Strange behaviour?

Thanks. My telling her about it was after what was en enjoyable 'session'. Somehow (quite mistakenly it seems) I thought she would see the erotic side....

04-11-2024, 05:06 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X