Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does lube actually help you?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, it helps

I like the one with "extra sensation"

Comment

• Heck yes.

When I was a lot younger, lube seemed like it was a “crutch” of sorts — something to be used only if you really needed to.

Oh, how woefully wrong I was about that.

It doesn’t even matter if I feel like I actually need it or not — I’d rather use it because it just makes every sensation even better. I’m partial to silicone for that reason. The slip it offers is more than your body is capable of producing on its own, and it feels absolutely amazing. The first time I tried it, it blew my mind.

Now I’m never without it.

And too, during those times when my mind is having a hard time shutting itself off and I’m trying to get (or stay) in the mood, lube definitely makes it easier. In a way, it takes away any worry I might have that I’m thinking too much about non-sex things to become wet naturally, if that makes sense. I can just let that part go, and then the rest of everything just sort of falls into place.

On top of it, middle-aged hormones can be a pain and sometimes your mind is in the game but your body is just not doing what it’s supposed to do. Lube sets that right, too — instantly.

Comment

• I agree with Alison, and will add that lube helps a lot with sex toys—especially those with a learning curve.
        Plus I have back and knee issues, so we sometimes resort to handies. A good lube is essential for that.

Comment

• Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Comment

• I use it when I use my sex toys too or when I want to masterbate & I'm dry it helps alot

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sore on clitoral hood

Hi, im pregnant and for the last week my vulva has been extremely sore especially in the clit area. i have been keeping an eye on it and it seems like...

08-11-2022, 10:38 AM By annom1307
            • Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

I am a black woman and live in South Africa. Because of the history of racial segregation it is very very rare to see a mixed couple. So much so that...

08-11-2022, 05:32 AM By G-Wagon
            • Need advice about not feeling sensation or pleasure

I'm a 39 Male and my fiancé is 40. when we have sex I barely feel any sensation or pleasure. She is also on birth control the patch. We don't use condoms...

08-09-2022, 11:13 AM By netzone23
            • Why cant i see or Feel my clitoris anymore?

Two weeks ago I woke up to a clitoris thay literally felt numb and it felt like it was gone. I touched the nub and there was no good sensation.

08-08-2022, 09:33 AM By Sofa
            • NFP classes

for those interested in NFP classes (natural family planning), there is a search site to help one find classes near where you live
              I put in my zipcode...

08-08-2022, 03:58 AM By amy40
            Working...
            X