Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does lube actually help you?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, it helps

I like the one with "extra sensation"

Comment

• Heck yes.

When I was a lot younger, lube seemed like it was a “crutch” of sorts — something to be used only if you really needed to.

Oh, how woefully wrong I was about that.

It doesn’t even matter if I feel like I actually need it or not — I’d rather use it because it just makes every sensation even better. I’m partial to silicone for that reason. The slip it offers is more than your body is capable of producing on its own, and it feels absolutely amazing. The first time I tried it, it blew my mind.

Now I’m never without it.

And too, during those times when my mind is having a hard time shutting itself off and I’m trying to get (or stay) in the mood, lube definitely makes it easier. In a way, it takes away any worry I might have that I’m thinking too much about non-sex things to become wet naturally, if that makes sense. I can just let that part go, and then the rest of everything just sort of falls into place.

On top of it, middle-aged hormones can be a pain and sometimes your mind is in the game but your body is just not doing what it’s supposed to do. Lube sets that right, too — instantly.

Comment

• I agree with Alison, and will add that lube helps a lot with sex toys—especially those with a learning curve.
        Plus I have back and knee issues, so we sometimes resort to handies. A good lube is essential for that.

Comment

• Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Comment

• I use it when I use my sex toys too or when I want to masterbate & I'm dry it helps alot

Comment

• I was a lube virgin for a long time because I thought like others mentioned before in this thread that it was a shortcut or crutch and I was always wetter than normal when aroused so I thought it wasn't even necessary. I'm so happy that I have since then incorporated lube into my sex life, mainly with my partner. I don't really use it on my own unless a sex toy is involved but a lot of times I just handle business the good ole fashioned way with my hand. But when it comes to couple play, a little really goes a long way. I'm fortunate to be able to have multiple orgasms but sometimes will have so many that I end up drying out and it's pretty wonderful to have lube handy to keep things going and not have to put a stop to the fun.

I had an interesting incident with peppermint flavored lube. It actually numbed my vagina so during intercourse I couldn't fee' anything and didn't realize it was the lube...I was freaking out because I thought the sex was suddenly "not good" or lacking in some way, which has NEVER been the case and I was worried the spark had died...I'm so glad I thought of the lube being the culprit so I had my partner wipe himself off and we took an intermission to reset. Then we went back at it and all was well again. So yeah, big fan of lube but I stay away from anything peppermint or that causes a tingly sensation.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to antimarriage and kids

Can you say it louder for the people in the back???

I applaud your decision to go against the grain and the fact that you have a partner...

Today, 12:13 AM By Vanessa R.
              • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

Yesterday, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
              • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

Yesterday, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
              • Reply to Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

My MIL is extremely traditional and would not be down with anything like that. She was just admitted to the hospital with a resurgence of cancer. So…I...

Yesterday, 04:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Reply to Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

Men can change but rarely do. It almost has to be a shift in moral standing.

I'm sorry your marriage has so little sex. It could be worse...

Yesterday, 11:30 AM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

Yesterday, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
              • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

Yesterday, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
              • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

11-28-2022, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
              • Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

I, (22) and my husband (30) have been together a couple years. At first sex was great. The last year, it’s declined. Now it’s to the point where it’s...

11-28-2022, 10:51 AM By Red77
              • Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

I was over at a fetish-focused singles website (for reasons that are in line with the values in my marriage) and am pretty sure I saw my husband's mother's...

11-25-2022, 09:26 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              Working...
              X