Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning your sex toys

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your sex toys

Have questions about cleaning sex toys?

We have more answers!

Read our review, “The Best Sex Toy Cleaners For Those That Take Hygiene Seriously” here: https://www.womens-health.com/best-sex-toy-cleaners

Read our article, "How To Clean Your Sex Toys Properly" here: h
    ttps://www.womens-health.com/how-to-clean-sex-toys

Hey WHI friends! I've been writing about cleaning sex toys. I hope people know that you should be cleaning them on the reg. Like every time you use them! I'm curious to know what do you use to clean your sex toys? How often do you clean them? Thanks
    Last edited by Alison H.; 06-18-2021, 12:31 PM.

• My wife cleans up her rabbit with good ole soap & water right after use

Comment

• That's perfect! There are also lots of good sex toy cleaners out there, but you can't beat soap and water!

Comment

• It’s actually safe to put them in the dishwasher. In a pinch, alcohol-free baby wipes are okay. Like when switching partners and really really not wanting to stop everything and head to the sink.

Comment

• I'm really happy that soap and water gets the job done. I mean, I appreciate and understand the benefits of sex toy cleaners formulated for this purpose but at the end of the day, if I don't have to spend extra on something I can easily take care of with household items, I'll always opt for that.

I've only been using bullet vibrators and I prefer the hard plastic kind because it's a breeze to clean and for me it feels better than the other materials. If I ever upgraded to something fancier I don't think I'd change the soap and water combo either.

I'm good about cleaning my sex toys after each use (or my partner will do it for me if I end up passed out, haha). The only time I slip on the cleaning regimen is if I use it at night and immediately fall asleep. Obviously first thing in the morning I make sure to do extra scrubbing, dry it thoroughly and then double check that I didn't miss anything.

You can never be too careful when it comes to things you're putting inside and around the lady parts!

Comment

• I think water and soap are enough to clean the pears!!)))
            Last edited by PippaSutherland; 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Wednesday, I had no idea about the dishwasher trick - will for sure give that a try. I’ve only ever used castile soap and water to clean my sex toys. Dishwashers are great for sanitizing purposes.

Comment

• I never knew you can actually throw your dildo in the dishwasher and have it cleaned. Most of the time I was using water and soap like most of the girls here.

Comment

• Wait, how did I miss that part about the dishwasher??? Haha. I started seeing the recent comments mentioning it and I had to do a double-take. I don't even use my dishwasher but if I still had my dildo, I would probably use the dishwasher for that instead of washing actual dishes!

That's so much more convenient than the soap and water approach. But I don't really care of dildos anyway so I got rid of mine a long time ago. Bullet vibes are more my jam. :-)

Comment

• I was surprised to learn that as well. I probably wouldn’t put my own sex toys in the dishwasher. My hubs doesn’t even want me to put the cat’s food dishes in there. Lol.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Squirting is ruining my sex life

Hi there, I am hoping I can help. I joined this site just because I have insight and want to help. I am 39 years old. I have never been a squirter, well...

Today, 05:25 PM By Snowy_pines
                    • Reply to Virtual Sex, Foolish, Exciting??

Been doing dirty chats online with one of my best friends for about two years now. We have been very good friends for about 12 years (we met when we started...

12-06-2021, 10:00 AM By FeelingWeird
                    • Reply to What are the best exercises to tighten bagina?

You can also try kegel balls (also known as yoni eggs, yoni balls or ben wa balls) to use to exercise the internal walls of your vagina! They are little...

12-06-2021, 09:52 AM By Zoë T.
                    • Reply to Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

Congrats on trying for a baby! That's an exciting journey! I agree with Julia - a call or visit to your gynecologist would for sure help calm down any...

12-06-2021, 09:42 AM By Zoë T.
                    • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

When I was (much) younger, it was actually a girlfriend of mine that enlightened me as to what squirting orgasms were. Up until then, I was quite inexperienced...

12-06-2021, 09:16 AM By Monique Kova

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X