Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning your sex toys

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your sex toys

Have questions about cleaning sex toys?

We have more answers!

Read our review, “The Best Sex Toy Cleaners For Those That Take Hygiene Seriously” here: https://www.womens-health.com/best-sex-toy-cleaners

Read our article, "How To Clean Your Sex Toys Properly" here: h
    ttps://www.womens-health.com/how-to-clean-sex-toys

Hey WHI friends! I've been writing about cleaning sex toys. I hope people know that you should be cleaning them on the reg. Like every time you use them! I'm curious to know what do you use to clean your sex toys? How often do you clean them? Thanks
    Last edited by Alison H.; 06-18-2021, 12:31 PM.

• My wife cleans up her rabbit with good ole soap & water right after use

Comment

• That's perfect! There are also lots of good sex toy cleaners out there, but you can't beat soap and water!

Comment

• It’s actually safe to put them in the dishwasher. In a pinch, alcohol-free baby wipes are okay. Like when switching partners and really really not wanting to stop everything and head to the sink.

Comment

• I'm really happy that soap and water gets the job done. I mean, I appreciate and understand the benefits of sex toy cleaners formulated for this purpose but at the end of the day, if I don't have to spend extra on something I can easily take care of with household items, I'll always opt for that.

I've only been using bullet vibrators and I prefer the hard plastic kind because it's a breeze to clean and for me it feels better than the other materials. If I ever upgraded to something fancier I don't think I'd change the soap and water combo either.

I'm good about cleaning my sex toys after each use (or my partner will do it for me if I end up passed out, haha). The only time I slip on the cleaning regimen is if I use it at night and immediately fall asleep. Obviously first thing in the morning I make sure to do extra scrubbing, dry it thoroughly and then double check that I didn't miss anything.

You can never be too careful when it comes to things you're putting inside and around the lady parts!

Comment

• I think water and soap are enough to clean the pears!!)))
            Last edited by PippaSutherland; 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Wednesday, I had no idea about the dishwasher trick - will for sure give that a try. I’ve only ever used castile soap and water to clean my sex toys. Dishwashers are great for sanitizing purposes.

Comment

• I never knew you can actually throw your dildo in the dishwasher and have it cleaned. Most of the time I was using water and soap like most of the girls here.

Comment

• Wait, how did I miss that part about the dishwasher??? Haha. I started seeing the recent comments mentioning it and I had to do a double-take. I don't even use my dishwasher but if I still had my dildo, I would probably use the dishwasher for that instead of washing actual dishes!

That's so much more convenient than the soap and water approach. But I don't really care of dildos anyway so I got rid of mine a long time ago. Bullet vibes are more my jam. :-)

Comment

• I was surprised to learn that as well. I probably wouldn’t put my own sex toys in the dishwasher. My hubs doesn’t even want me to put the cat’s food dishes in there. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by hannahgibsy View Post
                      I never knew you can actually throw your dildo in the dishwasher and have it cleaned. Most of the time I was using water and soap like most of the girls here.
                      I'm not that big of a fan of dildos myself, but If you really want to experiment, then why not find a partner and use sex toys instead? I had a boyfriend that wanted to stay imminent and in touch even when we had to go separate ways for a couple of days at times. So it wasn't that bad of an idea, and when he sent me a remote control vibrator, I was excited to use it with him. It kept our relationship alive even when we did not have that much sex.
                      Last edited by Alison H.; 06-15-2021, 08:48 AM. Reason: Outbound link removal

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
                      • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
                      • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
                      • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
                      • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
                      • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
                        however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
                      • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
                      • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
                      • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
                      Working...
                      X