Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning your sex toys

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayla Lords
    replied
    I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so messy that I worry they're not clean enough with soap.

Leave a comment:

• Julia W.
    replied
    Be careful with the dishwasher because it can leave soap residue on your toy, and it could cause an infection!

Leave a comment:

• hannahgibsy
    replied
    Originally posted by hannahgibsy View Post
    I never knew you can actually throw your dildo in the dishwasher and have it cleaned. Most of the time I was using water and soap like most of the girls here.
    I'm not that big of a fan of dildos myself, but If you really want to experiment, then why not find a partner and use sex toys instead? I had a boyfriend that wanted to stay imminent and in touch even when we had to go separate ways for a couple of days at times. So it wasn't that bad of an idea, and when he sent me a remote control vibrator, I was excited to use it with him. It kept our relationship alive even when we did not have that much sex.
    Last edited by Alison H.; 06-15-2021, 08:48 AM. Reason: Outbound link removal

Leave a comment:

• Wednesday L.F.
    replied
    I was surprised to learn that as well. I probably wouldn’t put my own sex toys in the dishwasher. My hubs doesn’t even want me to put the cat’s food dishes in there. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Vanessa R.
    replied
    Wait, how did I miss that part about the dishwasher??? Haha. I started seeing the recent comments mentioning it and I had to do a double-take. I don't even use my dishwasher but if I still had my dildo, I would probably use the dishwasher for that instead of washing actual dishes!

That's so much more convenient than the soap and water approach. But I don't really care of dildos anyway so I got rid of mine a long time ago. Bullet vibes are more my jam. :-)

Leave a comment:

• hannahgibsy
    replied
    I never knew you can actually throw your dildo in the dishwasher and have it cleaned. Most of the time I was using water and soap like most of the girls here.

Leave a comment:

• Zoë T.
    replied
    Wednesday, I had no idea about the dishwasher trick - will for sure give that a try. I’ve only ever used castile soap and water to clean my sex toys. Dishwashers are great for sanitizing purposes.

Leave a comment:

• PippaSutherland
    replied
    I think water and soap are enough to clean the pears!!)))
    Last edited by PippaSutherland; 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vanessa R.
    replied
    I'm really happy that soap and water gets the job done. I mean, I appreciate and understand the benefits of sex toy cleaners formulated for this purpose but at the end of the day, if I don't have to spend extra on something I can easily take care of with household items, I'll always opt for that.

I've only been using bullet vibrators and I prefer the hard plastic kind because it's a breeze to clean and for me it feels better than the other materials. If I ever upgraded to something fancier I don't think I'd change the soap and water combo either.

I'm good about cleaning my sex toys after each use (or my partner will do it for me if I end up passed out, haha). The only time I slip on the cleaning regimen is if I use it at night and immediately fall asleep. Obviously first thing in the morning I make sure to do extra scrubbing, dry it thoroughly and then double check that I didn't miss anything.

You can never be too careful when it comes to things you're putting inside and around the lady parts!

Leave a comment:

• Wednesday L.F.
    replied
    It’s actually safe to put them in the dishwasher. In a pinch, alcohol-free baby wipes are okay. Like when switching partners and really really not wanting to stop everything and head to the sink.

Leave a comment:

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex before marriage

What a wonderful resource this site is for men like me. There are so may unanswered questions men have about women and sexuality and it’s refreshing...

04-15-2024, 05:27 PM By easygoing
  • Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
    2. Consider seeking help

04-14-2024, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
  • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
  • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
  • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X