Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Dildos: Kitchy or Kinky?

I remember crystal dildos being wildly popular a few years back (or maybe that was just my algorithm) and I know that you can still buy them on Etsy and other retailers. I don't know how many people bought into the trend, and I wonder if they're still being used today. Are crystal dildos more for aesthetic purposes (I get it, I decorate with vibrators too) or do they actually feel different and take sex to a new level? I've yet to use a crystal dildo, but I'm sure that they must feel quite different from silicone or glass dildos. Would you ever try using a crystal dildo? Does the idea of a crystal dildo make you cringe at our level of consumerism, or does it turn you on and add a more depth to your spiritual, sexual side?

• I don’t think I’d want to use any porous material like crystal (or wood, or anything organic) as an internal sex toy. But it might be a fun thing to display.

Comment

• I can't imagine using a crystal dildo but I would definitely buy one I found particularly beautiful (whether I displayed it or not).

My concern, beyond how it would feel, is how to fully clean it. Especially, as Wednesday pointed out, because it's porous.

Comment

• I think they look cool but would be wary about using one because porous toys are impossible to clean thoroughly. So I'm going to go with kitchy!

Comment

• Ok, so now you guys have got me thinking -- why is a Crystal dildo porous? Aren't Crystal glassware used for wine and whatnot, or is that a different type of crystal?

In my mind, I'm thinking something that is crystal = glass. It's hard, clear/see-through or maybe colored, but totally washable and stuff...

So, first off, can someone explain to me why something that seems like glass is porous at all?

Second to that though, I think the idea of using one, or watching someone use one (provided it's safe) is a turn on, and surely displaying it publicly would be fun as hell, especially when the in-laws visit! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by JonnyR View Post
            Ok, so no you guys have got me thinking -- why is a Crystal dildo porous? Aren't Crystal glassware used for wine and whatnot, or is that a different type of crystal?

In my mind, I'm thinking something that is crystal = glass. It's hard, clear/see-through or maybe colored, but totally washable and stuff...

So, first off, can someone explain to me why something that seems like glass is porous at all?

Second to that though, I think the idea of using one, or watching someone use one (provided it's safe) is a turn on, and surely displaying it publicly would be fun as hell, especially when the in-laws visit! ;-)
            JonnyR, your questions made me curious so I used my favorite search engine to get some answers. Crystals like quartz are generally not porous but other crystals can be. Non-porous crystals can be processed to take in color in a way that leaves cracks. Further, heating such crystals to a temperature that kills germs may damage the crystals. Who knew? Good glass tableware and good glass laboratory containers and other such items would not be porous. Even crystals that have cracks can be sealed so germs cannot get into those cracks.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Good intel, JonnyR! I was actually thinking of the crystal jelly dildos you see online by sex toy companies. But you are correct! Not all crystal is porous

Comment

• Whew! Good to know!! Then it's on to the non-porous crystal dildos for me then from now on! ;-)

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

Yesterday, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

Yesterday, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                • Reply to Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

My MIL is extremely traditional and would not be down with anything like that. She was just admitted to the hospital with a resurgence of cancer. So…I...

Yesterday, 04:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                • Reply to Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

Men can change but rarely do. It almost has to be a shift in moral standing.

I'm sorry your marriage has so little sex. It could be worse...

Yesterday, 11:30 AM By jns
                • Reply to Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

my husband & I "waited" until we married
                  so I never knew he was not as sexual as most men are

our whole marriage has...

Yesterday, 10:11 AM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

Yesterday, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

Yesterday, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

11-28-2022, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
                • Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

I, (22) and my husband (30) have been together a couple years. At first sex was great. The last year, it’s declined. Now it’s to the point where it’s...

11-28-2022, 10:51 AM By Red77
                • Pretty sure that was my father-in-law

I was over at a fetish-focused singles website (for reasons that are in line with the values in my marriage) and am pretty sure I saw my husband's mother's...

11-25-2022, 09:26 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                Working...
                X