Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife masterbates when she thinks I am sleeping

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ha, I do this next to my husband when he's sleeping. Especially if he won't diddle me (my words for sex are diddle and canoodle) for long periods of time. And I'm talking like 2 weeks - a month he'll turn me down. I have a very high libido and I enjoy my orgasms. Sometimes even after we've had sex I do it, because I love the gspot orgasm because it makes me energetic and get really into sex, but the clitoral orgasm makes me sleepy. Honestly, I think what you should do is when you catch her doing it turn over and start doing it for her and show her that it turns you on and you want to "make something of it". I know I'd love it if my husband did that.

Me: 24 (25 in Nov) DH: 27 (28 in Jan)
    MC 1: Found out Mar 1, 2011. Ended Mar 6, 2011.
    MC 2: Found out Mar 24, 2012. Ended Mar 26, 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by It Is Confusing View Post
      Some people on here don't get it. He's not upset about the fact that she's doing it. He's upset about the fact that she's doing it NEXT TO HIM and LYING about it again and again and again. It's enough to make you seriously doubt your sanity. I could have written this exact post except that we are not very open about our sexual life and never talk about desires, never do it other than missionary or in shower (which she never gets that aroused by, but she just doesn't not like there). We've been married for 8 years and are pretty happy. But this is driving me insane. It's a lot of nights. Middle of the night. I wake up to the slightest jiggle of the bed and if I move it stops. I confronted her about it several times and she swore she wasn't doing it. She swore up and down and cried at the insinuation. Then I'd feel terrible and think I'm maybe going nuts and then it would happen again that night and again the next morning... so on so on. I was wondering who was nuts so I found this thread and now I know. It's the SAME EXACT THING. Ryan135 she is DEFINITELY doing it and you should stop doubting it. The crazy thing is that it's also arousing to me. Sure wish she'd roll over and ask me to join. That's what hurts. I just wish she'd be open with me and tell me about it. I've been open with her about my doing it. Makes me feel like she doesn't trust me and also that she doesn't want me sexually. But from this thread I've learned that's probably not the case. I just think it's an addiction and they're SOOOO ashamed of it that they'll do anything to show it's untrue. But I know she loves me very much and that she even enjoys sex sometimes. That's why this is so confusing. I just wish she'd talk to me about it. I don't have any less good opinion of her because of it, only due to her lying about it. It really hurts a lot. And I don't tend to feel hurt about many things. Ryan, I think you shouldn't sweep it under the rug. I'm going to deal with it and get her to admit it so we can have a grown up discussion about it, and I think you should too. The problem is that when your wife lies about it you want to believe her and sort of doubt yourself. I think you should just approach it that you're not going to let her convince you otherwise (what the else would be shaking our beds, man? It's crazy to even doubt it. AND, NO- they're not doing it in their sleep! Not when at the slightest sound they all roll over or quick move their hand. I've really quickly reached down there and felt her hand there and she just says it's on her thigh). Just get it out of her by not being angry or confrontational, but by really peacefully telling her you're not leaving the conversation until it's discussed truthfully because you can't sleep and you need to. And do it with love. I know none of them want to hurt us. It's just an addiction/long-time habit.
      B-I-N-G-O!
      The fact that she's lying is THE point!! I dated a woman once who was doing this and when I confronted her she tried running that cheese game on me which I didn't buy. Here's what I've been told and granted "every-woman' is different. Some women just don't get off on a penis-Yep alot of guys find this hard to believe, I'm hung like a horse and had a hard time with it as well but we talked about it in detail and she had been married twice before and acknowledged that she had faked orgasms with her husbands and when they were sleep she would go in the bathroom or another bedroom and satisfy herself. We'll I really liked her and she was honest and told me that my size was more painful than pleasure so we compromised. I bought a rabbit and learned to use it on her like a surgeon and she had multiple orgasms something she NEVER did before. women NEED to be honest with thier mates, Lies only kill the relationship. I'd confront her if she was my wife and assure her that we NEED to communicate!!! Don't make her feel that she can't be perfectly honest with you-If you aren't hitting her switch then improvise. But lying is only going to destroy your marriages.!

Comment

• It could be her way of relaxing and getting to sleep?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darling View Post
          It could be her way of relaxing and getting to sleep?
          NADA!-If she wanted to relax and get to sleep why do it when he's "RIGHT" next to her! The lady has issues if she has to lie to him or he just isn't giving her what she needs!

Comment

• I used to do this with my husband years back. I was really uncomfortable with the idea of masturbating openly with him. He caught me occasionally and for awhile, I did lie about it. It was embarrassing to me, and I didn't know if he would take it the wrong way. I didn't want it to be a blow to his ego or hurt his feelings, so I kept it from him and waited for him to fall asleep. It was more of an issue with what I was comfortable with. He only asked me about it a few times.

Gradually I got over it. He got me a toy to use and every once in awhile instead of having sex, we would both just please ourselves. It made me more comfortable with the idea of not needing to hide it from him.

I hope a female point of view helps. If you know she's doing it, and she lies about it, she obviously isn't going to want to talk about it. Think up ways to make her understand it's not something she has to hide. If she's only pleasing herself, and refusing sex, that's a whole different problem.

Comment

• Tough one Ryan.
              I thought everybody masturbated though right? I know me and my husband both do at different times- but I guess the real thing is you feel shjes choosing this over you. Maybe you could try some of the great suggestions of whise shes doing it approach her.....she can surely not deny it if you are looking at her mid way!!!!!
              I think maybe she either just wants some down time...or maybe she feels a bit pressured to have sex so it puts her off then when she thinks your asleep and that stress of feeling pressured is gone she lets herself get aroused and does the business??
              You mentioned you are the more highly sexed...and you mentioned that you have talked about it and she has improved things and then they go back to dry spells again. so maybe its her way of coping??
              Either way I hope you 2 resolve it - sounds like you have a great marraige besides this so I wish you all the sex and happiness in the world!

Comment

• Similar situation -- I tried talking to her. Both during and after. I've tried joining her. I've tried telling her she turns me on. It doesn't matter. She gets angry, says she wasn't masturbating and does a really good imitation of herself waking up. She listens at the bathroom door and peeks under it too while I'm in the shower (I'm not paranoid, trust me) and when I come out, gives a very convincing portrayal of someone I just woke up. No -- she's not interested. She says I'm hot. Then she turns me down at bedtime, keeps asking me if I'm going to go to sleep, etc. But I wake up and she's masturbating. Last night for six hours straight with a vibrator. She has an orgasm probably every couple of minutes during that entire time without ever taking a single break except to add some lubricant. When I confronted her she made it look like I didn't trust her and made such a big deal about it, it was like she just caught me cheating.

Comment

• This is not Sexomnia...This is more a kin to sucking your thumb. She has probably been doing it ALL HER LIFE. This is a more deep rooted habit and has nothing to do with your ability to please her. I have some experience with this myself as my wife has been doing this for over 25 years!
                  I take it a step further and sneakily work my hand in there and "help" her! I have been caught many times but 70% of the time I get my hand in there and learn about her body. Her subconscious mind is WAY more sexual than her awake mind. She has no idea she stimulates her anus and vaginal area in the middle of the night. Where it gets frustrating for us guys is we wake up with morning wood ready and she has been pleasuring herself for literally hours and feels satisfied.
                  Bottom line is this leads to 1-per week sex - which SUCKS!

So my advice is either get in there and play around, or STOP her while shes in the act and tell her it is keeping you awake.

JSD

Comment

• Depending on how this is addressed, it can ether be a good or bad thing. I know that my partner did this more so in the beginning. We had/have a great sex life. But like anyone, she had her routine of needing to feel pleasure and release long before we were together. She lost her virginity to me when she was 22 so not any experience having sex other than masturbation. She just masturbated as a single woman in college and such. So it didn't bother me at all knowing that intercourse was still new and her need to masturbate might be uncomfortable to her in my presence.

I would be half asleep and feel the bed shake a little and I would sort of smile knowing she was getting off and her thinking I was asleep. Many times at the point where I started hearing wet sounds of her fingering, I would then get super turned on and not be able to take it any longer. I would then turn over, put my hand on her and that was the hot point, she would invite me inside her within a minute or less because she was so turned on by that point. So long story short, it actually resulted in amazing and intense sexual intercourse on many of those occasions.

It got to the point after a while where she became comfortable enough to masturbate when she knew I was awake and made it a point to get it sounding wet. It was her little way of knowing she could seduce me to a point of no return of having intercourse.

You can turn this into a positive thing. Just have fun with it and make it a sexual adventure. Sometimes sex is best when its something new or undiscovered between a couple.
                    Last edited by James1986; 05-11-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

Today, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                    • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

Today, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

Today, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

Today, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

Today, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                    Working...
                    X