• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncircumcised

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the color of one's skin doesn't seem pertinent to the discussion of circumsized vs uncircumsized

Comment

stillness.....I have not read up on female circumcism but only remember from new reports of it being forced on women/children in some countries
      considered to be a human rights violation/violence against women

Comment

There is no such thing as female "circumcision" because there is no foreskin to be removed. The thing they've come to call "female circumcision" it the cutting out of the clitoris. It is nothing like circumcision. If you wanted to compare it to doing the same thing to a male, you'd have to remove the entire glans of the penis so that the male could not experience sexual pleasure.

As far as circumcision being barbaric, my husband was not circumcised until he was 17 years old. It was medically necessary because his foreskin was so tight that it caused a lot of pain when he would get an erection. So he was thrilled to get that little bit of skin removed because it was a problem for him. But it was a difficult thing to go through, and he says he wishes it had been done when he was a baby and couldn't remember it.

Oh well, everyone has their own perspective, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
          where are the hordes of disfigured, disabled, and diseased victims whose penises don't work?
          guess despite the risk of a medical procedure, guessing 100 percent satisfaction rate

Comment

Originally posted by WaveRider View Post
            Now that is representative of racism of black males who use such intimidating tactics.
            I don't think I'm the one projecting racism.

But, I am sorry that my comment disgusts and repulsed you. It's good to have guys around here. I didn't make it to cause friction. I meant it as a light-hearted observation. I'm don't do too well with emoticons, but reread my comment and mentally insert a smiley face after it. That's how it was supposed to come off.

I support your and your friends' right to date whoever you please and truly have no negative feelings if you exclude black people. They and the human race will survive.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

"from men who reported circumcision harm:
              • [****]anger, rage, sense of loss, shame, sense of having been victimized and mutilated
                [****]low self-esteem, fear, distrust, and grief
                [****]relationship difficulties, sexual anxieties, and depression
                [****]reduced emotional expression, avoidance of intimacy
              medical societies in Australia and New Zealand and the British Medical Association recognize the long-term psychological risks of circumcision."
              Yes, Amy. I don't doubt that you can find people who claim to have been victimized by anything and everything. The wind blows and they're triggered. But what is that based on? Are these victimized men suffering because of something done to their little head of because of what's in the big one?
              "Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

The wind blows and they're triggered. But what is that based on? Are these victimized men suffering because of something done to their little head of because of what's in the big one?
                guess it's all in their big head, there's no such thing as trauma

Comment

I don't think I'm the one projecting racism.

But, I am sorry that my comment disgusts and repulsed you. It's good to have guys around here. I didn't make it to cause friction. I meant it as a light-hearted observation. I'm don't do too well with emoticons, but reread my comment and mentally insert a smiley face after it. That's how it was supposed to come off.

I support your and your friends' right to date whoever you please and truly have no negative feelings if you exclude black people. They and the human race will survive.
                  Good Morning, Stillness,

I'm good.

The noun "racism" has become trite and lacking impact. It's almost always used to shut people up, especially when there is danger of revealing truth; e.g., blacks are grossly overrepresented in the criminal justice system.

Black Lives Matter is nothing more than a criminal street gang, and it should be designated as such. Worse, its agenda is to replace 250+ years of American jurisprudence with black jurisprudence: to Black Lives Matter criminals, a trial of one's peers means white "suspects" are to be tried by a jury of blacks. The reality is if Obama, Holder, Maxine Waters, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, et. al had been Office Darren Wilson, they'd of shot Brown.

I've found that most people who resort to the noun "racism" have no clue of its definition. It has become the ad hominem of last resort where intellectual ability is lacking.

I can tell you that women become very agitated when they're unfairly prejudged as racist because they won't date a black dude. The reality is such black dudes lack tolerance for women's preferences, especially when they're based upon experience.

Take care

Comment

amy40,

You're reaching and relying upon unscientific supposition to justify your preconceived notion that circumcision is harmful and that circumcised men are victims. Oprah has created zillion classes of victims. You were bullied as a child? You were a victim. You poor thing. BS. When I was a kid, if someone bullied you, you wee expected to fight back. Be a d_a_m_n_e_d man.

The biggest scam sold to America was feminism.

We've become a nation of feminized men. Everyone is a victim of something. I ain't buying it.

After 9/11, I read an excellent article the thesis of which was the outcome of feminizing American men. Out of four planes, only four men on one plane fought back. "Men" on the other three planes were willing to allow women, children, and themselves to die without so much as a whimper. They were not real men. They were girly men.

There as been a blatant agenda to feminize American men. It stated in the 60's with Gloria Steinem. And that's what we've become: we're no longer a nation of rugged individualists. We're a nation of sissified cowards who're are expected to call governmental authorities to resolve their problems. Too many women allow their prejudices of men to cause them to fear and even hate men. They're rather watch a girly man actor than Dirty Harry who vowed to kill the murderer of a 14 year-old girl.

amy40, I ain't buying it. There are a lot of women who hate men. They blame men for their problems, problems they've created, on men in general. They'll harbor prejudice for all men based upon their poor choices of men who they perceived wronged them. The reality is they are sole holders of blame. They're incapable of admitting that THEY'VE made bad choices.

The America created by men's men who were willing to fight and die for freedom and liberty has been replaced by the girly-man-in-chief: Obama. They hate and fear President Donald J. Trump because he's a man's man.

amy40, circumcision does not remove sensitive anything. The sensitive part of a penis is found on the ridge of its head.

Finally, be careful of what you rely as fact. Most of it is agenda-driven BS. If you're seeking medical advice, go to Mayo Clinic, Johns-Hopkins or another research medical school/hospital Website.

My g/f and I grew up in the same era. She appreciates a man's man. She does not do well with girly men.

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                      waverider
                      since our child is not Caucasian, I am a little more sensitive to comments that may appear racist to others
                      my guess is your statement came across as such because the color of one's skin doesn't seem pertinent to the discussion of circumsized vs uncircumsized
                      You assume way too much.

Can you tell me your definition of racism? Is Jesse Jackson a racist? Is Maxine Waters a racist? Is the father of your child (children) racist?

Were I to write the FACT that black men are grossly over-represented as physical abusers of women, would that be factual or racist?

Is the fact that more black men than Caucasian men are uncircumcised factual or racist?

Never let facts scare you, for knowledge is acquired by recognized truth. Truth harbors no agenda, for truth is truth, nothing else.

I'm just about done with the noun "racism". Nearly everyone resorts to it when they cannot defend their spurious positions, and most of those have no clue of its definition.

Comment

amy40,

I will NEVER date a black woman. You'd assuredly assume my elimination of black women is rooted in racism. The fact is it's based upon my desire to remain above ground and disease free.

The following is from CDC. Is it fact or racism?

"The HIV infection rate among black women is 20 times higher than for white women.

One in six Americans between the ages of 14 and 49 have genital herpes and close to one in two black women are infected, new figures from the CDC reveal.

About 19 million people in the U.S. are infected with HSV-2, at a cost to the nationís health care system of close to $16 billion a year.

Overall, 16% of Americans between the ages of 14 and 49 had genital herpes between 2005 and 2008, compared to 17% between 1999 and 2004.

According to the latest findings:

Women and African-Americans were the most likely to be infected. HSV-2 prevalence was nearly twice as high among women (21%) as men (11%), and more than three times higher among African-Americans (39%) than whites (12%).

The infection rate among African-American women was 48%.

The infection rate was roughly 4% among people who reported having just one sex partner ever, compared to almost 27% for those who reported 10 or more partners.
                        Nearly four out of five people who have genital herpes have not been diagnosed and may not know they have the infection.
                        Genital Herpes Raises HIV Risk

"This latest analysis emphasizes that we canít afford to be complacent about this infection," John M. Douglas, Jr., MD, who directs the CDCís Division of STD Prevention, said in a news conference Tuesday at the 2010 National STD Prevention Conference in Atlanta.

"It is important that we promote steps to prevent the spread of genital herpes, not only because herpes is a lifelong and incurable infection, but also because of the linkage between herpes and HIV infection."

Research shows that people with genital herpes are two to three times more likely to acquire HIV and they are also more likely to transmit HIV infection to others.

Douglas explained that the immunologic response at the site where herpes ulcers form act as a target for HIV infection even after the ulcers have disappeared.

"If you come into contact with the HIV virus, even after the ulcers have healed, you may be more likely to become infected," he says.

People who are dually infected with HIV and HSV-2 may also be especially likely to transmit the HIV virus to others during genital herpes flare-ups.

Need for Increased Public Awareness

The reason women have higher rates of HSV-2 infection than men is largely explained by the fact that their genital tissue is more vulnerable to the small tears that make transmission more likely.

And since the background rate of infection is so high in the black community, African-American women are especially at risk, Douglas said.

"It is quite clear that this increased rate of infection in African-American women is not due to increased risk behavior," he said.

Women with HSV-2 may have no symptoms or they may mistake symptoms like genital burning and itching for a yeast infection.

The CDC does not recommend routine screening for genital herpes, but testing is recommended for those considered at high risk for getting and transmitting the virus, including people with multiple sex partners. Testing is also recommended for gay and bisexual men and people who are HIV positive.

While the infection cannot be cured, treatments that lessen the severity of genital herpes outbreaks or that may help prevent them are available.

But since most people donít even know they have the infection, treatment rates are low, says Kevin Fenton, MD, PhD, who directs the CDCís National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention.

"Given everything we know about how to prevent, diagnose, and treat STDs, it is unacceptable that STDs remain such a widespread public health problem in the U.S. today," he says.

Douglas said collaboration between public and private-sector groups will be needed to increase public awareness about genital herpes.

He cited the "Get Yourself Tested" STD education campaign as an example. The campaign is directed at teens and young adults and is a partnership between the CDC, the television network MTV, and the philanthropic group Kaiser Family Foundation.

"Public programs alone wonít be able to get the job done, particularly in light of the increasingly tight budgets that so many local and state health departments are facing," Douglas says. "We will need to be more creative in our collective approach to STD prevention."

Nearly 50% of black women are infected with genital herpes. If two black women are sitting at a bar, probability is one has genital herpes. A dude would have to be whacked beyond medical help to assume such a risk. Is that racism or medical FACT?

I could probably find medical research that has concluded a positive correlation between uncircumcision and HIV infection. But you could find it as well by doing a Google Medicine search.

Comment

This thread is about circumcised and uncircumcised. We've gone off the rails a couple times now, can we please stay on topic?

If you would like to start another thread on additional topics, please do so.
                          If the discussion of circumcision is exhausted let's end the thread and begin new.

Waverider I think there's a political post active and if you'd like to start another discussion on racism or DV or others, have at it. There are older posts with these topics, you could revive or start new from the perspective you prefer to discuss.
                          Carry on...

Comment

You seem to run in some irrationally racist circles.
                            This has led the conversation sideways. The woman who was the center of this comment is using race as a basis to reject men for dates so by definition she is racist. There is no basis that she is part of a group that thinks similarly nor that WaveRider is part of such a group. I can agree that her thinking is irrational as there are perfectly nice guys of every background that are circumcised and also those of every background who practice good hygiene. Her preference for circumcised guys is prejudiced by the results of her past encounters.
                            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                              This thread is about circumcised and uncircumcised.
                              Carry on...
                              guess I prefer husband

Comment

curiouskate started this thread but didn't come back to conversation
                                figures a one time poster gets a multiple posting thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X