• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do men cheat?..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    Supposedly there's a Scripture advising wives that if they don't keep their husbands satisfied, it is giving permission to go elsewhere. That's what I was taught. No mention was made about him keeping me satisfied.
    1 Corinthians 7:3-5: “3 Let the husband give to his wife her due, and let the wife also do likewise to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but her husband does; likewise, the husband does not have authority over his own body, but his wife does. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent for an appointed time, so that you may devote time to prayer and may come together again, in order that Satan may not keep tempting you for your lack of self-control.”
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

There's a lot of truth there!

Comment

Thanks for that Still. I hadn't read that in probably 20 yrs. I don't remember any of the sermons that mentioned this ever teaching that the husband is to serve his wife as well, it was one sided.

In premarital counseling, I was given quite a lengthy talkin to by my pastor's wife regarding my duty. Lol
        I asked her what if I liked it and it wasn't a drudgery to perform my duty.

Comment

I was given quite a lengthy talkin to by my pastor's wife regarding my duty. Lol
          just looked up "wifely duty" and found an interesting article by The Atlantic 2003

Comment

OK, I'll bite: what did they say? :-)

Comment

I think we complicate things too much, let our emotions cloud reason. The reality is that women and men are totally different sexually and have contrasting needs. Women are here to have babies... men are here to have sex. Simple!

Comment

So, easy, using that idea, why do women cheat?

Comment

Oh, wow, Kitty! There's a question!
                  I'd like to see this discussed.

Comment

So, easy, using that idea, why do women cheat?
                    I believe men and women cheat for pretty much the reasons I mentioned in my post above. Men cheat for the sexual stimulation and women cheat for emotional stimulation.

Comment

Originally posted by easygoing View Post
                      The reality is that women and men are totally different sexually and have contrasting needs. Women are here to have babies... men are here to have sex. Simple!
                      are men and women really THAT different?

I would think a lot of women would say they are not here to make babies.....

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

are men and women really THAT different?

I would think a lot of women would say they are not here to make babies.....
                        And I'm not the only man not here for sex.
                        "Those sowing seed with tears
                        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by easygoing View Post
                          women cheat for emotional stimulation.
                          I believe that

but also believe that can apply for men, too

Comment

But you said, women are here to make babies...
                            Then you said they cheat for emotional support?

Are you suggesting women wanna make babies with their lovers or that women use children for emotional support?

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

I believe that

but also believe that can apply for men, too
                              How true. Not all sex is just for the physical stimulation, for men no more than for women.
                              "Cheating" may be a cry for emotional intimacy.

​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X