Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what age do men need meds for sex?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• My guess is that the same phenomenon is true for both men and women, and that having normal hormone levels is key to having a healthy libido.
    One more thing: I ve read that iirc plant sterols in beer act like female hormones and suppress testosterone levels in men, in turn reducing libido. Not instantaneously, of course, but over time. I rarely drink more than one beer, and not very often, for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      HBP, cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, and a lot of these diseases can be halted, reversed, or diminished with lifestyle changes.
      agree

Comment

• just heard something this past week on the health news about beer
        wish I could remember what it was but know it was good news

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
          just heard something this past week on the health news about beer
          wish I could remember what it was but know it was good news
          I'm sure it's like most things: in moderation it's OK, and if I had the excess of testosterone I had when I was young, that small effect from beer would be negligible. Now, though, I steer clear of anything that reduces testosterone.

Comment

• Biology is always controlling.

From my limited knowledge of ED, it seems there's a cause and effect of medication for a health malady and sexual performance.

My ex-g/f told me that her ex-husband developed symptoms of mental illness as he grew older. His psychiatrist prescribed psychotropic meds for him. She told me that she thought meds prevented his achieving maximum erection, and she had to work on him for a long time before he could orgasm. She told me that his meds caused his cum to become the worst she's tasted. Hence, it was his mental malady that caused prescription meds to moderate, and meds caused a decline of his sexual performance. Keep in mind that she's told me many times, the last a week ago, that he was the worse dude she's ever banged. Besides lacking sex skills, his ED caused her to expend considerable effort to put a smile on his face. Hence, she avoided sex with him until she was no longer able to deny him.

From what she's told me, I think his mental issues were present long before diagnosed. He had naive sexual knowledge. His illness probably prevented him from allowing her to teach him how to thoroughly enjoy sex. He made it worse by ridiculing her for wanting innocuous sex acts. The psych meds made bad worse.

I do know dudes who are younger than me who take ED meds. I've never inquired as to why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texasred View Post

I'm sure it's like most things: in moderation it's OK, and if I had the excess of testosterone I had when I was young, that small effect from beer would be negligible. Now, though, I steer clear of anything that reduces testosterone.
              Dude,

Beer increases my virility, makes me more handsome, sing like Elvis, play guitar like Eric Clapton, and nuclear physics intelligent. The more beer I drink, the better I get and the better looking women get. Trust me. I've experienced these transformations many times.

Comment

• Well me too! - except for the guitar-playing, and except it was all in my head!
                The one on my shoulders...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnmoses46
                  Can I please counter question and ask, What age female loose interest in sex at?. Is it at 40 +.
                  I haven't lost interest but also still attracted to husband

Comment

• Originally posted by WaveRider View Post

Dude,

Beer increases my virility, makes me more handsome, sing like Elvis, play guitar like Eric Clapton, and nuclear physics intelligent. The more beer I drink, the better I get and the better looking women get. Trust me. I've experienced these transformations many times.
                    I think it was Lemmy from the English band Motorhead who said "I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman - but I've woken up with a few"

as Charles said above there are many factors that are linked to erection problems and if you of your husband is worried then consult your Doctor.... I have good days and bad days with my erections, but mostly good thankfully

Comment

• Im discovering it's a lot more complex than just getting your T levels right or "here take a Vitamin V." For starters, men's estrogen levels have a profound and (usually) overlooked influence on both libido and ED. Three doctors ive gone to for years at a time all missed this until just recently I went and got tested independently and found a problem. Correcting that has had an amazing effect...

Comment

• Originally posted by Texasred View Post
                        Im discovering it's a lot more complex than just getting your T levels right or "here take a Vitamin V." For starters, men's estrogen levels have a profound and (usually) overlooked influence on both libido and ED. Three doctors ive gone to for years at a time all missed this until just recently I went and got tested independently and found a problem. Correcting that has had an amazing effect...
                        What was the diagnosis and how was the situation corrected. What is the amazing effect?
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

What was the diagnosis and how was the situation corrected. What is the amazing effect?
                          It's complex, but getting T levels up has also made my Estrogen (Estradiol E-III) levels high, and I found also high prolactin. Getting those two things headed back in the right direction using Cabergoline (to reduce prolactin) and Arimidex (anastrazole) to reduce Estradiol has done wonders for me by not only increasing libido but also by by hugely reducing time to orgasm for me, which was on the order of 30 minutes or more if it was going to happen at all, and then only if it had been at least a week since the last one. Now it's a much more reasonable 10 - 12 minutes (yes, there's a clock by my bedside...) and my "down time" is no more than a day, two at the most.
                          I call that amazing! :-))

Comment

• Originally posted by muffin70 View Post

I think it was Lemmy from the English band Motorhead who said "I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman - but I've woken up with a few"

as Charles said above there are many factors that are linked to erection problems and if you of your husband is worried then consult your Doctor.... I have good days and bad days with my erections, but mostly good thankfully
                            Y'see, that's the problem a lotta dudes experience. They gotta learn to split before they regain sobriety, which accords objective assessment of attractiveness. I'd rather remember my inebriated version of a homely woman than sober reality of coyote ugly. It's all about the timing: ya gots to know when to go.

I'm being facetious, of course.

BTW, my last one nighter was with a woman who wasn't half-bad looking. I promised myself that that was my last one nighter. I was scared that she might've had a STD.

There are a whole lotta So Cal women who do one nighters. Dudes can't have 'em unless there are willing women. Eventually indiscriminate sex is gonna give me something I don't want.

My ex-g/f copped to one one nighter. Were I pushed to give an opinion, I'd say she's good for more than one. Maybe 3. She was and is one horny woman.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                              I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Today, 11:33 AM By lilrose
                            • Reply to Is it just me or do we all have one???

You've got the right approach, jns. Sometimes - as Ashlee T. has said - nothing works. In that instance, walking away is best. It isn't rude: because...

Today, 10:23 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

I will tell you, Ashlee T. that I would love to have children. But I have not met the right man yet. However, there is still time. I am 38 years old but...

Today, 10:18 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

I still don't get why someone would want to put on weight: everyone else is trying to lose it.

Thoughts?

Today, 10:13 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • Reply to Help with Talking to My Crush

I second your advice, Lialia270.

I hope Jupiter Girl has made her move by now! If she hasn't, someone else must've gotten him. It is a fast...

Today, 10:09 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                              I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Today, 11:33 AM By lilrose
                            • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
                            • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                            • Need A New Direction

I am thinking of applying for another job. For over ten years I've been working as an admin assistant for a charity. I love the work, but am starting...

03-04-2019, 07:14 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                            • best treatments for wrinkles and aging skin?

Everybody is trying to look young and pretty. Regarding aging, mesoskinline discovered new anti-aging mesotherapy treatment. This is about without medical...

Today, 08:57 AM By mesoskinline01
                            Working...
                            X