• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married at First Sight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married at First Sight

I don't know if you get this TV program where you all live, but it's a reality show where so called 'experts' match up couples based on their personalities...etc... and the couples don't meet until their wedding day... and it follows all the drama of their marriage ceremonies, the honeymoons and the couples living together and getting along (or not)
    My wife watches it quite religiously.....

Anyway the other night one of the couples were about to have sex for the first time and the man was all keen and eager and went in the bedroom to wait for his new wife (who was in the bathroom 'getting ready') anyway the wife took about 20 minutes to get ready and by the time she had got back to the bedroom the husband had fallen asleep! it was so funny.

Have never seen or heard of it Muffin.
    But, I don't watch much TV at all, no cable or satellite, so I'm out of the loop on good shows.

Comment

"Married At First Sight" is shown in a lot of locations but there are separate shows for many places. New Zealand has a different show than Australia.

The premise of the show is to create arranged marriages without the traditional arranged marriage matchmakers and to follow the lives of the contestants as they get to know each other. Matchmaking is done by the show's "expert" matchmakers. If the marriage fails, divorce is paid for.

It is very unlike arranged marriages that I know of. They mostly last. These made for TV marriages mostly fail.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
        "Married At First Sight" is shown in a lot of locations but there are separate shows for many places. New Zealand has a different show than Australia.

The premise of the show is to create arranged marriages without the traditional arranged marriage matchmakers and to follow the lives of the contestants as they get to know each other. Matchmaking is done by the show's "expert" matchmakers. If the marriage fails, divorce is paid for.

It is very unlike arranged marriages that I know of. They mostly last. These made for TV marriages mostly fail.
        it's the Australian one wife is watching at the moment - screening here in New Zealand
        NZ did their own series last year and from memory none of the couples on the show are still together....

Comment

No matter how it occurs, no matter how well you think you know each other: on the morning after your wedding, you wake up next to a stranger...
          :-)

Comment

My opinion is reality TV ain't real. Who the heck would let anyone find the "perfect" woman (or man) for him or her?

I think that that show is all entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasred View Post
              No matter how it occurs, no matter how well you think you know each other: on the morning after your wedding, you wake up next to a stranger...
              :-)
              ^^^Excellent post^^^

Comment

Working...
              X