• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your sexual Orientation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
    . Then he said, "If you weren't trying to get some, think how much you could accomplish." We had a good laugh. It's funny because it's true.

you're having a whole lot more sex now than when you first joined WH?
    so much sex that's it's keeping you from God's calling?

Comment

You misstated what I said.
      I did not, I stated what I was looking for. I used young to indicate prepubescent. It seems we are talking about two different groups of boys, those who have already hit puberty and those who have not. Do you have a source for your statement or is it an opinion?
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
        you're having a whole lot more sex now than when you first joined WH?
        so much sex that's it's keeping you from God's calling?
        No, the point is that someone who doesn't focus their energies on things like sex, their mate, and child-rearing will be able to do more elsewhere.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

jns facial hair comes in during puberty. A boy castrated during or after can have facial hair.

I hope that carver wasn't castrated, but unfortunately it's a cruel world and people do things like that to each other. You can check the source I gave you to find out some of the reasons why that biographer became convinced that he was probably a victim of that procedure.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

This thread seems to be filled with speculation and references for which there is little in the way of secondary sources. For every accomplished historical figure who had little interest in sex, I can name at least one who had a great interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasred View Post
              I feel sympathy for you. Sexuality and romantic feelings for one of the opposing sex are the greatest feelings you can possibly imagine.c
              I agree.

Comment

I consider myself a very sexual person. But in truth, for women AND for men, it is usually tied to so much more then just ejaculation or orgasm. It is not a "bodily function" that will happen no matter what (like for example, urinating). It is an incredibly complex topic that not one single person will ever have the "answer" to. Who am I to tell someone they should want sex if they don't? Or that they should want sex with men if they want sex with women? Etc. etc. etc................. You get the point.

However, if the lack of desire and romantic feelings ties back to a childhood trauma or any trauma for that matter, I strongly believe it should be addressed with therapy because those feelings (or lack thereof) may not be a result of you just being "who you are", but instead a result of something or things done TO you that are affecting your overall wellbeing.
                "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                  I consider myself a very sexual person. But in truth, for women AND for men, it is usually tied to so much more then just ejaculation or orgasm. It is not a "bodily function" that will happen no matter what (like for example, urinating). It is an incredibly complex topic that not one single person will ever have the "answer" to. Who am I to tell someone they should want sex if they don't? Or that they should want sex with men if they want sex with women? Etc. etc. etc................. You get the point.

However, if the lack of desire and romantic feelings ties back to a childhood trauma or any trauma for that matter, I strongly believe it should be addressed with therapy because those feelings (or lack thereof) may not be a result of you just being "who you are", but instead a result of something or things done TO you that are affecting your overall wellbeing.
                  Totally true and very nicely put.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    Sex is very healthy. I believe that for some it's less advantageous but physically, spiritually, emotionally, sex is a healthy activity. I'm all for anything that improves overall health.
                    I agree. Many scientific studies have concluded that women who continue to have sex well into their senior years live longest. Sex and longevity has not been proven for men.

Sex w/o deep feelings for a woman is merely physical pleasure. When you're in love with your best friend, sex is bond strengthening. It's mystical. Insignificant sex means wanting outta there when it's over. There's a lot of guilt with insignificant sex unless both parties know rules before clothes come off.

Comment

No, the point is that someone who doesn't focus their energies on things like sex, their mate, and child-rearing will be able to do more elsewhere.
                      Stillness, any dude who doesn't focus his energy primarily on his children and his wife or g/f in deference to "elsewhere" has skewed priorities

Comment

Hi Naiwen,

I wish you the best. I hope you're able to resolve issues affecting your social life. Sharing your life with one with whom you're in love is hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                        X