Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Sex

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Having Sex

Me and my girlfriend are trying to have sex both of us are virgins so don’t know what we’re doing. The issue is basically I can’t get it in as it’s so tight, every time I try it’s just so painful for her. It’s frustrating the both of us as we want to get the first time out the way so we can start enjoying it. Had plenty of lube when we’ve tried and that helped a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

• Hey there! You're both going to have to exercise some patience. Lube helps for sure, but start with finger penetration. One finger, then as she gets comfortable with that use two fingers. Then as she gets comfortable with that, you may be able to move on to full intercourse. With protection too, I hope.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Is her hymen still intact? Sometimes the hymen can be extra thick and require surgical cutting. You should be able to tell by seeing if you can insert a finger or two. Make sure you use lube and your fingernail is groomed so it is very short and smooth. If your fingers are rough you may want to use a condom or a thin rubber glove such as a nitrile or latex one.

There are sets of small dildos used for gradually loosening up an extremely tight vagina.

In rare cases, medical conditions cause extremely tightness that may or may not get better.

Penetration may not be the end of your challenges. I once had sex with a young lady who was extremely tight even though she was not a virgin. It took about a half an hour to achieve penetration. After I reached orgasm, it took a long time for me to pull out (around 15 minutes) because she was so tight that the blood was trapped in my penis and the end was too large to comfortably withdraw. She wanted to have sex again since I was still hard and she had such a good time but I was painfully sensitive so I couldn't do two in a row. We sat quietly talking until enough blood had left. It took several attempts. It was kind of funny being stuck together.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Along with what BD and jns have said, I'd suggest a great big dose of RELAXation!
        I think women especially can be very tense their first time, and that doesn't help with the pain and difficulty experienced. We can be clinching our whole body, not even realizing it, and that interferes with arousal, with natural lubrication, and penetration.

If she hasn't already, encourage her to go ahead and get a pelvic exam, just to rule out any physical causes like vaginismus.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

Today, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
        • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
        • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
          I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

03-19-2019, 11:33 AM By lilrose
        • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

03-20-2019, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
        • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
        Working...
        X