Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheating husband

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Cheating husband

I have been living with my girlfriend and my husband for a long time. She is gay and has repeatedly said she would never have sex with a man. I work nights as a nurse at a nursing home and usually get home at 7 AM, last night an elderly lady I was good friends with passed away. I was so upset I couldn't stop crying so the on duty doctor told me to go home. I got home at about 3 AM and went straight upstairs. I heard noises coming from my bedroom and peeked around the door and saw my husband on top of Kiyomi having sex with her. I just snapped and started yelling and throwing things at them and was screaming I would kill them both. They tried to calm me down but I ran out and got in my car, I had drove only 1 block and crashed into a parked car. When people came running out I was sitting in my car crying. They took me to the hospital where they gave me something and when I woke up my head was bandaged, the nurse told me I had freaked out and hit my head on a desk. I called my aunt and had her pick up my daughter and went to her house where I am now. I don't know what to do now. I haven't told my aunt what had happened, only saying I had a accident.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

• At least you are not seriously hurt from the accident.

Now you have come up with a decision on the situation. Kiyomi said that she was only interested in women but that obviously changed. Do you have any reason to believe that this has been ongoing? Not much need for birth control with another woman but with a man - yes. Is Kiyomi almost at the end of her studies and will she leave after that? Can you forgive your husband? Can you forgive Kiyomi? Would you have given him permission if he asked for it? I ask these questions because your relationship is different than most and you may have considered them before. The fact that you didn't tell your aunt indicates to me that you may be able to make peace with the situation if you are given the proper assurances.
    Last edited by jns; 08-31-2018, 06:19 PM.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hey chaya. I'm sorry you've had such a traumatic experience. The painful part of cheating isn't the intercourse, it is the betrayal. I was afraid that eventually, this situation would come full circle and that your husband would rethink his generosity in being "okay" with you sleeping with someone else while he remained faithful. Monogamy is sometimes hard and if you're permitted to drift off that path with someone else (Kiyomi), then it's not surprising that your husband reaches a point where he feels he is entitled to that fun too. As jns said, your relationship situation has definitely been non-traditional and while that is perfectly okay in the right situation, it definitely blurs lines.

I'm not defending him. I will never think betrayal is okay. If they wanted to sleep together, they should have talked with you about it. Instead, they both betrayed your trust. I know that is so painful for you, as it would be for me too.

jns has asked some good and important questions you need to give some thought.

I'm glad you're okay.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Had there been any flirting going on between your husband and Kiyomi? I remember that you found pictures of her on his phone or computer - I don't remember which, so I am pretty sure that he has been attracted to her for a long time. Had she ever said anything to make you think that she was attracted to your husband even though she professed to be only interested in women?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Chaya

sorry this was a shock for you and happy you didn't get seriously hurt in accident

often people forget what they have posted in past years so this may bring some perspective when you reread one of your previous posts:

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...-he-learned-it

Comment

• That's certainly an interesting post above by amy. Do you remember that time? Do you think this has been going on over 2 years?

I'll be interested to see the answers to jns questions. Glad you weren't more seriously injured from the accident. Hugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
              Chaya

sorry this was a shock for you and happy you didn't get seriously hurt in accident

often people forget what they have posted in past years so this may bring some perspective when you reread one of your previous posts:

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...-he-learned-it
              I remember writing that and I meant it at the time. But I was in a much different mood when I caught them having sex. A close friend had died, hours before, in the nursing home under my care. Not that I was in any way responsible. When I caught them it was such a shock, I can't describe how I felt. Maybe I over reacted but what is done is done, I called my sister in Hawaii and told her everything. She told me whatever I decided she would support me and if I wanted she would come and help me. I am now concerned that Kiyomi might decide that the shame is too much and try to end her life. I had considered that myself but concern for my daughter overrides my upbringing. She has sent me long texts explaining that she only did it to get pregnant. She had told me many times she wanted to have a baby and even had suggested using my husbands sperm as she had great respect for him. In the end the vision of what I saw that night will always be with me, I even see it in my dreams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
              ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
                At least you are not seriously hurt from the accident.

Now you have come up with a decision on the situation. Kiyomi said that she was only interested in women but that obviously changed. Do you have any reason to believe that this has been ongoing? Not much need for birth control with another woman but with a man - yes. Is Kiyomi almost at the end of her studies and will she leave after that? Can you forgive your husband? Can you forgive Kiyomi? Would you have given him permission if he asked for it? I ask these questions because your relationship is different than most and you may have considered them before. The fact that you didn't tell your aunt indicates to me that you may be able to make peace with the situation if you are given the proper assurances.
                Kiyomi claims in her text that she has no interest in sex with men and only did it to get the sperm. I do remember her asking me if he would consider letting her use his sperm. I seem to remember asking her that if the only way he would agree was have sex with her, would she do that. I don't remember getting an answer. In all the time I have know her, she has never told me a lie about anything. I so much want to reach out to her but can't get past the horror of that night. Kiyomi could end her studies after this year. She has applied for permanent resident status and meets all the requirements and is sure to be accepted. "Can I forgive Kiyomi", of course I can, as a Buddhist I can forgive anything. I forgive the 2 men that raped me but I never want to see them again. I might have already answered your next question years ago. Under the right conditions I would have given my blessing to their union and might even have joined in. I haven't told my Aunt out of shame, I am not yet ready to consider continuing our relationships. Right now I picture myself returning to Hawaii but that's as far as I've gotten.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Take a while to get a plan you can live with together in your mind. If you are concerned with Kiyomi, let her know that you haven't spread the information.

Comment

• My husband came here to my aunts house, I had no choice but to talk to him. He was all apologetic and begging me to forgive him. I told him I had already forgiven him, then he asked me to come home. I asked him if Kiyomi was still sleeping with him, he said she has taken most of her clothes and moved out. This was a surprise to me, he didn't know where she was staying. She only has a few casual friends at school so it must be a hotel. I told him I would think about it and let him know what I decide.

Before I left for work I called Kiyome and she agreed to meet me at her motel in the morning after I get off work. I miss her and need her, I hope she feels the same way.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• So, you miss her and want to be with her, over your husband? Will you stay with her, rather than your hubs?
                      How did the meeting go with her?

Comment

• Originally posted by chaya View Post
                        My husband came here to my aunts house, I had no choice but to talk to him.
                        Before I left for work I called Kiyome and she agreed to meet me at her motel in the morning after I get off work. I miss her and need her, I hope she feels the same way.

good luck in figuring out this tough situation

Comment

• As I recall from a year or two ago, you mentioned your husband had learned new techniques (paraphrasing now). I think you wondered at the time where he learned them?
                          Maybe this thing with Kiyomi was more than just a single incidence?
                          And more to the point, maybe you all should be a threesome? Otherwise, I'm sorry to say, you seem just a little hypocritical: YOU want two lovers, but your "husband" can't have that.

Comment

• I met with Kiyomi at her hotel room. I so much wanted to get back with her but I believe they have been carrying on while I was at work for a long time. I told Kiyomi that I still loved her but she betrayed my trust and lied to me so I can't be with her any more. We were both in tears when I left.

I also met with my husband and told him Kiyomi told me about their affair, he confessed that they had slept together many times over the last 4 years but didn't always have sex. My husband don't consider anything other than intercourse as sex. We decided to do a trial separation for 2 months, then meet and decide if we can ever live together again.

I have tickets for me and my daughter to return to Hawaii, we will live with my parents. My mother and sister assure me this won't be a problem. In case you didn't know, my adopted daughter is also my niece, the child of my youngest sister. I gave my notice at work and told them I might return in a few months but couldn't promise. I will try to get a job in a hospital in Hawaii. I just hope I'm doing the right thing for everybody involved. The happiest years of my life was living with my husband and Kiyomi, I feel like my life is ending.
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                            ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Certainly a phase is ending but not everything. It sounds like you have a good plan to get your thoughts together. Working will help. Who will help out with your adopted daughter?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to AC7

Funnily enough, I bought peanut butter from the supermarket yesterday! I had a peanut butter sandwich this morning: delicious. I wouldn't attempt to make...

Today, 05:51 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Reply to I dont trust Mother

I can understand your feelings about your brother: he should've known better than to take and squander your mother's money. Because - as you know - he...

Today, 05:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Reply to So nervous about my first pap smear

I second Ashlee T's post.

It'll be over before you know it and will be painless. You could talk to the nurse doing the pap smear and tell...

Today, 05:40 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Reply to What kind of music do you listen to?

I am definitely a pop princess when it comes to music! I love Kylie, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Pussycat Dolls. As you can tell,...

Today, 05:34 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                              • Reply to hello all

Welcome back, Olympia!

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X