• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing hanging out of vagina...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing hanging out of vagina...

I was looking at myself in the mirror last night and noticed a long, dangly thing hanging there. It almost looked like a uvula? A uvula of the vagina? I can grab it without pain and I wouldn't have noticed it without checking myself.
    What is this? It's so weird and I'm a little scared.

There are a lot of variations in the shapes of vaginas from one general shape. There can also be skin tags and remnants of the hymen. Maybe a description of the size and location of the dangling flesh would help someone identify it. In general I would think it is normal but more information would be helpful.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Jns, it is maybe an inch long and like a bulb on a stem. It's right inside the "entrance" and hangs out.

I started reading the text of "I have one lamp" and was a but confused as to what that had to do with my question.

Comment

Originally posted by iamascared1 View Post
        Jns, it is maybe an inch long and like a bulb on a stem. It's right inside the "entrance" and hangs out.

I started reading the text of "I have one lamp" and was a but confused as to what that had to do with my question.
        The "I have one lamp" quote is part of my signature phrase and has nothing to do with the answer: it is a favorite quote.

atskitty2 , Beautiful Disaster , Claret : any comments on this?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

My guess is that it's your labia, my Dear, and yes, it would look similar to the uvula. Sometimes the labia are uneven-one or the other grows a little longer than the other. There's a labia minora and majora (if I remember correctly). It's not uncommon for them to be uneven. All of our anatomy is a little different in that respect, and that's normal. It's hard to say for sure without examining the area, but I have a strong suspicion this is normal for you. I'm guessing you've not had a pelvic exam yet, so the opportunity to ask a medical professional hasn't arisen, correct?
          If there's no pain or discomfort, no excessive redness, swelling, or discharge, it's likely safe to wait til your first pelvic exam to have it checked and confirmed. Are you sexually active?

Comment

Its coming from the inside, like it's attached to something. I can pull the minora and majora apart and it's not attached to either. When I looked at myself in the mirror there's a mass in the way once I pull my "lips" apart and the bump does have discharge around it.
            I've tried to have sex about a year ago, it was extremely painful. I've been "diagnosed" with endometriosis.

Comment

If you've been diagnosed with endometriosis (not sure why you have quotes around that), then you've surely had a pelvic exam. Did you have this dangling tissue at that time? Did you ask if it was normal then? It could be that it's just one of those layers of tissue. But if this is new, or you really don't think it's labia, then you need to see a doc for a pelvic exam.

Comment

It's hard to say exactly what it may be. As jns says it could be a skin tag, or my first thought was the remnant of the hymen. Can you tell us where it is attached? The other thought that comes to mind is an HPV wart. I'd suggest seeing a doctor and asking for an opinion. It may be something simple that could be snipped off.

Comment

I'm 100% clean. No I have not had a pelvic exam. They diagnosed me through symptoms and family history of it. I don't think it's a skin tag, and it's definitely not a wart. I've told you where it's attached. None of this is helping and is just stressing me out more. I don't have insurance so I really can't afford going to all these doctors with suggestions of it just being my hymen or my labia when I know for a fact it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by iamascared1 View Post
                    Its coming from the inside, like it's attached to something. I can pull the minora and majora apart and it's not attached to either. When I looked at myself in the mirror there's a mass in the way once I pull my "lips" apart and the bump does have discharge around it.
                    I've tried to have sex about a year ago, it was extremely painful. I've been "diagnosed" with endometriosis.
                    Just to clarify, you have never had a full session of sex? My feeling is that it is part of the hymen, if that is the case. The hymen is attached inside of the inner labia. Hymens come in many shapes. Tearing of hymens can leave even more variations. Have you searched for images of "torn hymen"? Look for the ones that are more like what a doctor would see.

A healthy vagina can have different fluids in it. They are not discharge as during a period or discharge such as from a pimple. A little white fluid around this skin would not necessarily be alarming.

Comment

It honestly looks like a polyp, but there is also a large mass too that I can feel and tell doesn't go all the way "far back". It goes back maybe an inch. I'm bad at describing stuff and I can't really post a picture.

Comment

They said that it looked benign, not cancerous but to keep an eye on it.

Comment

We cannot offer any further suggestions other than to reiterate - go see your doctor or a free clinic to get more information.

Comment

if your doctor already said it's benign, are you just not trusting them? Why are you still seeking answers? If it's bothersome, ask about removal. Obviously that's risky, but it's an option

Comment

I'm not seeking answers, it's called an update. They called back yesterday and said it did seem to be malignant tumor and to come in. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X