• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She is always Scratching there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is always Scratching there

The past two years my GF has a itching around her personal area. She says its like hundred of tiny bugs nipping at her. She has been to the doctor several times about this and not getting any results. It is worse when the area is moist etc. Drives her nuts at times. Any ideas what this is. I don't believe is a STD. Negative test results. She did have occasional sex with another woman a few years back but not since. Her research says it is fairly common in women but rarely talked about. She is over 40. Everything looks perfectly normal there.

Have her look up Lichen Sclerosis. It's a skin ailment that attacks primarily the pubic and anal areas although not exclusively. She may want to get to a doctor and have them do a biopsy. It's not an STD, it is thought to be related to Lupus, Arthritis and Lichen Planus. It would be worth asking about it anyway.

Comment

She has a serious case of bad tuna ;-)

Comment

WaveRider, that was not necessary or called for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovcookie View Post
          It is worse when the area is moist etc.
          I've had issues from time to time with itching there too. As far as I can tell, there's nothing off down there with me.

What I suspect with me is three factors - that area being prone to moisture, folds of skin, and the abundance of nerve endings. If you get an itch there as you would anywhere, it's more intense and scratching it feels better because of the nerves. That may make you prone to scratch more, which breaks the skin. Once the skin is broken it becomes more irritated and itchy so that it becomes a viscous cycle. Moisture and skin folds compound the issue.

What I've have to do is keep it clean and dry as possible, fight the urge to over-scratch, let it heal, and it's fine.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Her research on forums had girls as young as 12 years old complaining about these similar symptoms. She had laser hair removal in that area about 4 years ago. I doubt is related.

Comment

Working...
            X