• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complicated health issues - help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complicated health issues - help!

I am very confused by my body right now. I have googled my issues,and googled and googled them even more to the point where I am spinning. I don’t want to discuss this with family or friends, so I’m posting here hoping to either get a nudge that yeah I need to see a doctor or to calm me down. I am a very private person so it isn’t easy to discuss my issues.

To start off, I want to explain I was divorced last year but separated for 2 years. I started dating again this past summer. I went on a few dates with this one guy and we had sex one time. We didn’t have sex again, and mutually agreed we weren’t compatible. I had taken Plan B the morning after, and I had also started my period that day. I bled for 14 days. I assume it was from the drastic change in hormones. I also take birth control for trying to help severe menstrual pain.

After the bleeding stopped (about 3 weeks ago) I noticed I had some discharge. It is almost like discharge when ovulating, but I’m on the pill so I shouldn’t be ovulating. And the discharge comes and goes. It is thin, sometimes a little bit sometimes quite a bit, and goes from clear/white to sometimes light yellow.

I should have started my period this week but I haven’t. I assume again it was from the huge dose in birth control hormones from Plan B plus being on the pill.

Now, I started dating someone about 3 weeks ago. We had been talking for quite some time as well. We had sex the first time this past weekend. And afterwards I have been itchy in my vaginal and labia area, and the discharge is still there. So now I start panicking wondering if this isn’t a hormone adjustment type of thing from Plan B still, but instead an STD... I’m absolutely petrified.

My boyfriend and I had used a condom for the first “round”. I had a hard time telling if I was wet because of the condom. It may have caused me irritation if I wasn’t wet enough. We had sex a second time about an hour later with no condom. The condom he used is lubricated - not sure if I have an allergy to it? I don’t have a latex allergy.

Does it sound like I need to give my body more time to adjust and get back to normal from taking Plan B? Or should I go ahead and get tested? I don’t want to panic and immediately run to my OBGYN for testing, but I also don’t want to not take something that needs to be addressed seriously.

I also want to note, “sleeping around” and casual sex is completely out of my nature. Having sex with that guy only once bothered me, it isn’t in my character. I did reach out to him to ask him if he had any suspicion of having an STD and he said no. He said he was tested earlier in the year and was clean. Then had sex with someone only once soon after, and then me several months later. So unless that one girl during that one time gave him an STD I can’t figure out how I’d have an STD.

I started applying monistat to help with the vaginal itch and it has helped. It has caused a little burning but the instructions said that is normal. So far it has helped with the itching. Does that mean I DONT have an STD?

Any advice or reassurance is greatly appreciated!!

You really should get in touch with your doctor, for your own piece of mind and for your current partner. I'd abstain from further sex until you both get a clear from any and all STDs. You also need to contact your previous partner and ask him some pointed questions, tell him what is happening with you and let him know that you need some answers. He may have had a previous partner a day prior to you and would not necessarily know if he was infected with something. He needs to be checked out also and any other partners he may have had.

It could be that if you had abstained for some time that the sexual contact has irritated you somewhat, and it could just be harmless, but you'll never know unless and until you get tested.

Comment

I second Claret's comments. You have a lot going on, and now you're stressed about it. The hormonal load could be a major component here.

You've had unprotected sex over the past few months, and your body is out of balance chemically. Your stressing over it is likely compounding the problem. Your best next step here is to see your doctor, get a pelvic exam, an evaluation to rule out yeast and bacterial infections, and a full range of STD testing. It could be multiple things at play here, and it's important to be thorough, and check for all possibilities.

Also, read up on your birth control, what it is and how it works and get a thorough understanding of your particular type of birth control, so that next time, you may not repeat the double dosing of hormones, if that's what happened.
      Best of luck. Please revisit us and update your health status!

Comment

best to go and see a doctor.... some years ago I slept with a woman and found out she was sleeping with 2 other people about the same time I was seeing her... so I had a quick trip to the sexual health clinic for a check up and everything was ok.

Comment

Working...
        X