Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Been Super Horny But Weren't Sure Why? Let's Talk Female Libido!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ever Been Super Horny But Weren't Sure Why? Let's Talk Female Libido!

Are you or have you ever been hornier than usual? Maybe you’ve experienced a female partner with a high libido? Any ideas on what caused it?

This is such a hot topic at WHI that I decided to write an entire article on it and create this discussion so you can share your own experiences as well!

If you’ve ever been affected by high libido, whether positive or negative, I’m eager to hear about your experiences. Share them here!

You can read the full article by clicking here:

https://www.womens-health.com/why-am-i-so-horny
    Last edited by Ashlee T.; 02-20-2019, 07:38 AM.
    "Be what you're looking for."

• Interesting article. A few years back - ok, 10 years back - I might have said that thr "super horny woman" was a mythical beast. Now, though, having had the great, incredible good fortune to have had a long-term relationship with just such a woman, I know better.
    I would also add something to that article discussing the effects of oxytocin, and how good sex begets good sex, how a high sex drive can feed itself, and how you can find that good sex increases the appetite for sex.

Comment

• You are right on, Texasred ! Oxytocin is often referred to as the "love hormone!" And "good sex begets good sex" - also very true. Perhaps, we aren't so different than Pavlov's dogs!

Comment

• Yes, oxytocin can definitely impact the libido and begets more desire for more sex! Great article!

Comment

• If your healthy and eat good food and exercise then naturally you should be horny. its only bad experiences that rob us of the enjoyment of sex. sex can either be terrible or incredibly good. If man is good lover then of course you will enjoy the sex and want more. on the other hand if you have a bad lover then of course your not going to enjoy it as much as you could and if its bad or painful of course you want to avoid it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little_Man_in_the_Boat View Post
            If your healthy and eat good food and exercise then naturally you should be horny. its only bad experiences that rob us of the enjoyment of sex. sex can either be terrible or incredibly good. If man is good lover then of course you will enjoy the sex and want more. on the other hand if you have a bad lover then of course your not going to enjoy it as much as you could and if its bad or painful of course you want to avoid it.
            There are many reasons a woman may lose her libido that go far beyond eating healthy/exercise or bad sex. As such, there are also many legitimate reasons a woman may experience a higher than usual libido that go beyond her lover being good in the sack or eating the right foods.

Now, I agree that those things certainly don't hurt. If you are having awesome sex, it is only natural to want more. But as I address in the article, there are lots of other reasons a woman's libido may increase (or decrease).

Comment

• okay maybe a bad early childhood experience, or heavy religious doctrine that forbids any kind of pleasure are the only things that Ive read that affect a womens ability to enjoy sex. Your self esteem is important because if you don't see yourself as being attractive or you don't feel confident its those things that negatively affect a womens ability to let go. turning the light off usually makes a women feel for relaxed and less inhibited which is good thing.

Comment

• If the wife has a high sexual appetite, I wouldn't think a lot of husbands would mind very much.
                Suggested reading: Josette Sona's free book "Woman to Women"

Comment

• I've never been with a woman who's as horny as my g/f. She told me she has a congenital hormonal imbalance that has resulted in a very high sex drive. She thought she was a nymphomaniac prior to diagnosis. She has craved sex since puberty. I'm very fortunate to be able to accommodate her demands ;-)

Comment

• Just to bookend my comments about my gf and her high libido: my wife has **zero** libido, freely admits it, and doesn't see a problem, has no desire to fix it even though her doctor has told her she has a hormone imbalance. We do (very) infrequently have sex, but it's something she merely does as a favor to me - as she has said on more than one occasion. I usually end up feeling as if I should leave money on the nightstand...

Comment

• Originally posted by Texasred View Post
                      Just to bookend my comments about my gf and her high libido: my wife has ****zero**** libido, freely admits it, and doesn't see a problem, has no desire to fix it even though her doctor has told her she has a hormone imbalance. We do (very) infrequently have sex, but it's something she merely does as a favor to me - as she has said on more than one occasion. I usually end up feeling as if I should leave money on the nightstand...
                      That sounds so unfortunate for her and for you (although, at least you are experiencing sexual satisfaction through other means). She is depriving herself. I can't help but speculate there's more to this with her, than a hormonal imbalance. It sounds as if what was once between you two has vanished, perhaps for you both. And maybe it is a case of what truly never was will truly never be, no matter what you do whether that be marriage, kids, etc. Maybe it was never really there.

Regardless....I can only hope you two find a way to peace and part soon, while you're both still young and able enough to move on with your lives.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
                      • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
                      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
                      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
                        he's at higher risk
                        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
                      Working...
                      X