Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoo hot for sex?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have had a fan on in the bedroom most nights to keep the room cool and last night was no exception.

Yesterday my wife was giving me all the signs that she was ‘in the mood’ and I told her I couldn’t wait to ravish her body later – she gave me that cheeky / sexy smile that usually means ‘yes’…. After dinner she watched one of her TV programs (that doesn’t interest me) then we had an early night and watched some TV in the bedroom

I had put the fan on in the bedroom earlier to take some of the heat / humidity away, but it was still quite warm…..

My wife rolled over to put her head on my chest to cuddle me then said “it’s just too hot sorry” and she rolled over… and that was it

The last few times we’ve made love it has been ‘difficult’ – a couple of times she has asked me to stop (in the middle of penetration) because she said it’s too hot and she was having trouble breathing… I then have to stop and roll over and finish myself off

And the last time (2 weeks ago) she asked me if I was close to orgasm because she was getting too hot – but thankfully I managed to orgasm about 15 seconds later…

On another note, sometimes in the winter she complains that it is too cold and she wants to keep her nightdress on and keep the duvet over us – whereas I prefer to see her naked body…especially her jiggly breasts.

Does anyone else find it difficult making love with a partner if it is too hot or cold in the room?

• Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well, however, I can't remember being too hot to continue.

Regarding the winter scenario, does she prefer to be covered all the time? Is she now being a little bit inhibited because of bodily changes?
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
      Refresh my memory Muffin, how old are you and your wife? It can get pretty hot in the summer in Canada and where I live humidity can be a killer as well, however, I can't remember being too hot to continue.

Regarding the winter scenario, does she prefer to be covered all the time? Is she now being a little bit inhibited because of bodily changes?
      We are both around 50... it is mainly the humidity that makes it uncomfortable for her - and she is a plus size woman...

sometimes in the winter when we go to make love, she will just lift her nightdress enough for me to be able to enter her missionary style and she will grab the duvet and put it around us to keep us warm.... I prefer not to have the duvet on me

Comment

• Going out on a limb here, it seems that everything is confined to a specific time and place, i.e. only in the bedroom, at night. If that is the case then maybe shake things up a bit. Not every act of intercourse has to be about "making love". Some of the best times can be say that 5 minutes in the morning in the kitchen up against the fridge, or a spontaneous act while you are sitting watching tv, or outside in unexpected places.

For me, I love making love but I also just like hot steamy times as well. I am more of a spontaneous person though and will plan trips with less than a weeks notice, do or go somewhere on impulse. I like the unknown I guess.
        That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
          Going out on a limb here, it seems that everything is confined to a specific time and place, i.e. only in the bedroom, at night. If that is the case then maybe shake things up a bit. Not every act of intercourse has to be about "making love". Some of the best times can be say that 5 minutes in the morning in the kitchen up against the fridge, or a spontaneous act while you are sitting watching tv, or outside in unexpected places.

For me, I love making love but I also just like hot steamy times as well. I am more of a spontaneous person though and will plan trips with less than a weeks notice, do or go somewhere on impulse. I like the unknown I guess.
          She is not really into spontaneous acts of romance or sex.... it has to be in the bedroom and 99% of the time it is at night... and has told me many times that she's not a morning person - although 2-3 weekends ago on a Sunday morning sleep in she asked me if I wanted to get on top of her, and of course I said yes.
          she won't ever contemplate making love or having a sexual moment in any other room in the house - our bed is comfortable and with her being a 'larger' lady getting on the floor in the lounge or getting on her knees for doggy style is pretty much out of the question...
          but when I think of it some of the best sex we've had or certainly the best orgasms I've had is when we were spontaneous.
          There's an old saying 'Woman need a reason to have sex, whereas men just need a place'

Sometimes she will just grab me and passionately kiss me for 1 minute and that will turn me on, but she doesn't do it often because she knows I will get turned on and probably want to have sex (which is true)
          About a month ago we went away for a few days and we had a shower together and I was extremely turned on rubbing shower gel over each others body - I asked if she wanted to help masturbate me, but she said she was not in the mood (it was her time of the month).. she just thought it was funny me standing in the shower with an erection...

I've asked her before if she finds sex 'difficult' and she just said that 'we go to bed too late', or she is 'not in the mood'... sometimes we will be lying in bed at night and she will start to talk about something happening at her work.... I'm the sort of person that once I leave work I leave my work hat at work and don't think about work until the next day.

she always cuddles me at night before we turn out the light and says I am the best husband ever then kisses me... I love her to bits and tell her every day, but sometimes wish our cuddles will turn into making love or pleasuring one another sexually.... presently we only have sex 2-3 times a month

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

I second Ashlee T.'s post.

Today, 01:29 PM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to How to gain weight fast?

You've made an important point, Stillness. I am glad to have my question answered.

Today, 01:27 PM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to AC7

I found your post informative and interesting, Stillness. I wouldn't fast myself, but I see what you're saying. As long as a person isn't starving themselves,...

Today, 01:25 PM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to New to divorce and sharing kids

Hi Kaja,

I am not in your situation but have friends who are. It is actually a rather common situation these days. I cannot imagine that...

Today, 08:10 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• The End Of DVDs and CDs

I have not bought any DVDs or CDs for a few years now and never will again.

I have given away 30 odd CDs and now stick to YouTube. I want...

Today, 01:33 PM By Popcorn&Candy
          • New to divorce and sharing kids

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Does anyone here been divorced and share joint custody with ex?

We have. 4,5 and 6 week old daughters...

Yesterday, 11:20 PM By Kaja9584
          • Can’t tell if I’m squirting or what? Please help

Hello, so I never squirted before and never really tried to but lately I’ve been using a vibrator on my clit and couple of days ago, I held it on there...

04-17-2019, 12:13 AM By Avvybaby
          • Breaking up

I have decided that.a guy I have been seeing for a few months is just not right for me. I need to break it off. But he is a very, very nice guy and I...

04-13-2019, 02:07 AM By Kiwi
          • Mirena coil foetus?

I got my mirena coil removed today. Attached to it is a 'blob' about the size of a pea. I first thought maybe it was cervical mucus etc, but upon closer...

04-15-2019, 07:51 AM By katie1508
          Working...
          X