Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curved Penis, increasingly self-conscious, seeking women's perspective

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Curved Penis, increasingly self-conscious, seeking women's perspective

I'm in my late-30s and my penis seems to have gotten somewhat curved in recent years. It doesn't hurt or negatively impact sex (at least not yet!). I've seen an urologist, fearing early sign of Peyronie's disease, but it looks like I should not worry too much about it. So the medical aspect if this appears fine, but I still remain very much self-conscious about it. I've had women comment about the bent, not necessarily in a negative way, but it is obviously noticeable enough to draw comments. Keep in mind the curvature has somewhat intensified in recent years, so I'm not yet fully accustomed to this condition.

Therefore the reason for my post here, in a women's sexual health forum, to inquire about this directly to women. Is there something weird about a curved penis from a women perspective? Aesthetically, is it somewhat of a turn-off ? Is it something you girl would comment about among yourselves? Can it go as far as being a deal breaker?

I know men, sometimes, tend to over-emphasize penile issues and maybe this is one of those times, but my worries are real and I would appreciated any women's viewpoint.

As an aside, I don't want to infringe any forum rules, but I've taken the liberty of posting a picture. Be assured I'm not a pervert posting penis pics here, my concerns are very genuine. But if, by any chance, you judge the pics to be objectionable, I would appreciate if you could post my comments anyway for feedback.

Kind regards

???????M

• Hi Zorin,
    While we won't allow pictures of your penis here, I would like to respond to your message.

Women, too, have these hang-ups and worries. We worry that our labia are too large, too small, not symmetrical enough. We worry that our mons pubis is too large, too fatty, too small, etc. It is truly, "always something."

I'm curious that your urologist did not offer any explanation on why this may be happening?

As for what women think of it, we women aren't that terribly different from you men in that regard. There will be women who are bothered by a curved penis, an uncircumsized penis, a circumsized penis, etc. No matter what you have, there will be women who LOVE it and women who don't. As with anything, it is all about personal preference. And at the end of the day, if a woman is truly into YOU, the things you perceive as flaws won't really matter to her.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thank you for your response Ashlee. I was told it can be the result of rough sex and the way the penis ends up healing but that wasn't the case for me. It seems to be more of a mysterious, gradual process and that is probably why I'm worried about it, both medically (although that has been alleviated recently) and now ''aesthetically''.

Comment

• Hi zorin! Welcome!
        I agree with Ashlee. I had a partner with a curvature to the left. Didn't bother me at all.

Try not to allow it to get to you. Any affect on your confidence would be more bothersome than your shape!

Comment

• I actually wish I had a bit of curve. Mine is really straight

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to I dont trust Mother

Thanks for the replies. My sister and I are very worried she wont have the resorses she will need in the future. Nursing homes are not ideal and would...

Today, 05:50 PM By secretkeeper
          • Reply to AC7

No. My juicer can make it, but I've never actually done it. I may have made some at Whole Foods, but I typically buy peanut butter or almond butter from...

Today, 01:09 PM By Stillness
          • Reply to I dont trust Mother

as mentioned in my feb post, this has happened in our family
            the youngest being the beneficiary, also

for peace of mind, try to let...

Today, 12:10 PM By amy40
          • Reply to Period every five months or so

Hey there. This is a really tough one. Mainly, because I'm not an OB-GYN.

Have you spoken with your doctor about what the potential causes...

Today, 09:26 AM By Ashlee T.
          • Reply to Wife no longer 'in the mood' - advice please

Okay, so there are some things that stood out to me big time.

First, the woman doesn't feel good. Maybe it's weight, maybe it's hormones,...

Today, 09:13 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X