Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex after 4 kids?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Sex after 4 kids?

My husband and I have the 4 kids now and are having a tough time finding time for each other. He always goes out of his way to make me feel attractive but we really are having a hard time finding time for each other since the twins were born. Most of the time I’m the one that’s tired and I do want to have sex but by the time any available time rolls around I want to just lay down and rest. He puts the moves on still and he’s very patient with the whole lack of sex thing but how can I be a better contributor? I am exhausted but I do want that intimacy back.

• That's definitely a tough situation. I don't even have kids, but I know I've mentioned before that if my guy waits until I've gotten in bed for the night to initiate sex, it just isn't going to happen. It keys me up, gets my blood flowing and makes me unable to sleep for at least an hour or so which sucks when you're already exhausted and counting down the hours before you have to get back up. Can't even imagine how much more intense that is with 4 kids!

How old are the twins now? I like Amy's idea of getting a sitter now and then. I am a huge fan of parents scheduling a "date night" each week. It just means finding a good sitter who you can pay for a couple of hours one night a week. Make that YOUR time as a couple to focus on each other and increase intimacy in all ways, not just sex. Dress nice, fix up a bit and just go out for a little adult fun (even if it's eating ice cream and walking in the park!) You might find that if you all find some time to let your hair down, the physical intimacy will become more frequent, too. Maybe you can even flashback to the past and go parking.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I've experienced this before big time! A quick conversation fixed our solution.

I simply said that in the evenings i am more tired
      ???
      However, first thing in the morning i am raring to go. Early morning sex before our responsibilities start now works for us. We can be loud and adventurous with out being too concerned of waking kids up.

Last night we woke up at 4am and had sex on our back lawn. Went back to bed and went again at 6 in the shower.

My friend had a similar issue and hasn't had good sex in 2 years. Don't let it get to that

Comment

• I firmly believe in expressing intimacy in the home. I regularly kiss, hold hands, hug and hold my partner in front of my kids. Yeah they go ewwww, but I never saw that with my parents and they divorced. We show love inexcusably

Comment

• Thanks all for the responses! Things to think about! ????

Comment

• Originally posted by CapeCRunner View Post
            Thanks all for the responses! Things to think about! ????
            A hand job can take place anywhere and can be quick and sexy. It works both ways too. We like to make it a game how quickly you can cum lol

Comment

• After my 3 kids I found myself very loose and it was difficult to enjoy sex with my ex husband

Comment

• We also have 4 kids with two being twins and there's really no way around it the first years are really exhausting. I remember the rare night being kid free and we'd plan an intimate evening only to fall asleep before the fireworks started. We have a small shed and there were a few times when it got more than I could bear I'd drag my husband out there for a quick shag. Couple times the back of the minivan. We had to be creative. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickeyc View Post
                  We also have 4 kids with two being twins and there's really no way around it the first years are really exhausting. I remember the rare night being kid free and we'd plan an intimate evening only to fall asleep before the fireworks started. We have a small shed and there were a few times when it got more than I could bear I'd drag my husband out there for a quick shag. Couple times the back of the minivan. We had to be creative. lol.
                  It’s so tough. We’re exhausted. We had talked about trying for tonight but we just got into an argument, one that I unintentionally started, and he’s been in the basement for an hour cleaning it since the boys have been asleep. I cried in the shower, made myself a bowl of cereal for dinner and now I’m just sitting in bed alone. Toughest year of my life I tell ya - even though those boys make it worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMr View Post

A hand job can take place anywhere and can be quick and sexy. It works both ways too. We like to make it a game how quickly you can cum lol
                    Yeah maybe we’ll have to just try things like that instead of trying to do what we used to be able to on a whim.

Comment

• Originally posted by CapeCRunner View Post

Yeah maybe we’ll have to just try things like that instead of trying to do what we used to be able to on a whim.
                      I think it introduces a new level of intimacy

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                      • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                      • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                      • Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

07-20-2019, 01:51 AM By driiols
                      • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

07-19-2019, 06:42 PM By WaveRider

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Today, 09:59 AM By lp84
                      • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
                      • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
                      • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                        I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
                      • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
                      Working...
                      X