• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertising

does anyone know if this forum is advertised?
    just wondering because although there are new members everyday, there really aren't very many new posters
    it's always the same regular posters to majority of threads

This forum has been that way since I joined in 2010. New regular posters are converts from people who join to ask one or several specific questions and like the answers that they are given. WH lost a lot of regular posters when there were major problems created by the transition from vBulletin Version 4.x to vBulletin 5.x.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

The majority of forum visitors are here because they're looking for something specific. Maybe they googled a question related to Women's Health and it lead them to a thread here. Sometimes, they read what they want to read and never feel the need to post. Others are lurkers, join and periodically visit just to read and then at some point when they experience an issue themselves, the make their first post. Those of us who visit, join, post and never leave are much more rare on this forum and any forum.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

We also had (at one time) a lot of trolls and their posts were meant to incite riot. It's far better that we attract intelligent posters that consider what they are going to say, have the experience behind them to bolster their words and are open and friendly to newcomers. Sometimes it takes them a while to test the waters and decide when to jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
          It's far better that we attract intelligent posters that consider what they are going to say, have the experience behind them to bolster their words
          Claret

are you hoping that WH will attract more medical professionals?

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
            Those of us who visit, join, post and never leave are much more rare on this forum and any forum.
            It helps if the forum owner has a blog as part of the forum. The one forum I was on for years, the owner wrote a blog post every few days. That brought a lot of regular people as well as comments on the blog posting itself.

Comment

WH has a blog. There are occasional blog posts. Or at least there were for a long time. Perhaps some position changes have slowed that down a bit.
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                WH has a blog.
                BD......do you mean under where it says blogs, then under articles?
                are you talking about the articles posted from 2015 and earlier?

sorry, I didn't realize the health articles were WH's blog

BeutifulDisaster
                maybe I am looking in the wrong place for the newest blog posts?

Comment

No idea

Comment

Working...
                  X