• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Hello Hello,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Hello Hello,

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I am on my weight loss journey. I joined here because I want the opportunity to learn from other people here what they are doing to get the weight off and keep it off, what works and what doesn't. Also, I want to be able to share what is working for me and what isn't and hopefully we can help each other. I joined a gym February 1st and I have been going strong. I only worked out 2 times last week due to the fact I have a concussion and I was giving my brain enough time to heal. So I am going to start working out again tomorrow. I love working out on the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, chest machine, calf machine and the waist machine as well. I am going to incorporate the rope into my routine in 2 weeks to see if it can help me to burn more calories. Do you believe that your body can get enough energy for a workout by eating 3 meals a day as opposed to eating 6 meals a day?

Well, I'm the last person that should be talking about weight loss and probably the first person that really should talk about it. Those 20 lbs just don't want to move on me. Welcome to the forums, good to see you here.

Comment

Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

Yes, if you can't eat 6 times daily, you can still achieve your goals by eating 3.
      There is more than one way to accomplish most things, and weight loss is no exception.

There is a series of threads titled at the beginning "Accountability Challenge" in the weight loss forum. Check it out. It's continued on to 7 threads now, continued as AC 2, AC 3, etc.

How much weight are you trying to lose? Do you have other health goals?

Comment

Welcome to WH! I just keep my weight down by avoiding crisps, biscuits, etc. I don't deny myself fully: I did have an ice cream the other day. But I don't make a habit of it. I use food for nutrition - rather than pleasure - and stay smaller that way. I do have a weakness for chocolate, but that isn't a crime. I just eat the odd dessert and avoid heavy, sugary drinks. I don't eat fried foods, either. I have a takeaway maybe once a month or less. I have my cornflakes for breakfast and just a light, butter-free sandwich for lunch. Dinner is usually homemade. I am actually very sensible with my eating habits. I also do a lot of walking.

Comment

Thank you! I just want to stay healthy, strong and full of energy, plus I would like to lose around 50 pounds.

Comment

Working...
          X