Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Road to Recovery

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• The Road to Recovery

Well it's been a decade long struggle with my health and im not out of the woods yet... However it is nice to finally be close enough to the edge that I can see the sunshine streaming through the dark forest

Hello everyone. This looks like a fantastic place to be inspired and to inspire and I hope to meet many wonderful spirits along my journey.

• Welcome to WH!
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hey! I’d like to hear about your recovery and your journey.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Welcome! We'd love to hear about your journey!
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Welcome to Women's Health Forum. I'd like to hear more about yourself.

It's great to have you here.

Comment

• yay thank you so much! You're all so wonderful!

Comment

• I came from a background of being in several different disciplines of martial arts since I was a kind, on up to teaching womens self defense seminars at a local gym in high school. I was happy to accept the offer to be the assistant manager there later as well. So fitness was always a very important field for me. I spent a lot of my life studying how to make the body as efficient as possible to maximize my potential.

However I had a benign growth in my brain that was unknown to me and cause an aneurysm, which I didn't find out about until it ruptured. So I had zero symptoms then suddenly one horrific 10 minute span of bleeding out of my head and fast forward to months of amnesia, paralysis, and then years of epilepsy, nearly total blindness, etc....

april will be year 10 after the incident and the allocated time I gave myself to relax and just heal and then i'm getting back up. I'm still half blind and have a few seizures a year, and some other annoyances, but compared to what it was.... its a walk in the park lol.

anywho im swallowing my pride and once again starting from the bottom up and getting my health back in order and my body back to where it should be. I'm hoping this forum will give me some positive motivation and ideas going forward <3

Comment

• WooHoo!!! Love it. I'm glad you've joined us!
                Have you gained a lot of weight over this past 10 yrs? What are your priorities for your body and wellness?

Comment

• I hope you're much better after your benign growth in your brain. How awful. But it is wonderful you're able to take control of your health again. You can get fit and be well all round. There are many on here with personal advice: whether a brain health problem or not.

Anyhow, again, I am happy to offer advice.

Comment

• We would love to hear more from you! How are things going?
                    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I'd also like to know! I hope you're OK.

Comment

• Hi and welcome!
                        I am new here myself. I have been struggling with infertility for the longest time. I have quit trying a while ago, and know due to my age and fertility issues I had when I was younger I am opting for surrogacy. I think it's gonna work this time. We are using donors eggs and have signed for surrogacy. So yeah!
                        I hope, I really do that you'll keep getting better and better!

Comment

• Hi everyone
                          I'm new here

Comment

• Welcome Elvia Page and Sammy23!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                            X