Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hi all!

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie as you could’ve guessed!

My name is Elvy. I am 55 years old. And I have been struggling with infertility for about 20 years.

Right now my husband and I are in the middle of a surrogacy program. We have chosen this route because we want my husband to be the father. Adoption seems a bit too distant for us, we are not ready to take this step yet. And I think that it is too late for us to adopt. Nonetheless we are still going for a baby. Anyways, I hope to get to know all of you.

Especially I’d like to receive some support. I am not young and the agency that we have chosen is located in Europe. We’re both from the US and no matter how hard it is to travel back and forth to Ukraine. It is still a better option than to spend all those thousands of dollars on the treatment in the US. We are ready to sacrifice a lot of time and nerves just to make sure that we will be able to take care of our baby when he’s finally born. With surrogacy abroad it is kind of easy - you will get so much time to prepare your surroundings.

So I am hoping to meet people who are in the same position or were in my shoes before. So I can share my journey and receive a comprehensive advice.

Thank you so much for your attention!

• I cannot add any information regarding surrogacy programs or what to expect but I wish you well. I'd also like to point out though that you are 55. Are you certain that you'll have the energy to keep up with a newborn? I can't imagine myself - going through those years again - LOL Seriously though, my thoughts are with you and your husband and I hope you get your heart's desire.

Additionally, welcome to the forums. We are a great group of people (blowing my own horn here) but we are always interested in what our new members bring to the table.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X