• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder to new members. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder to new members. . .

Outbound links are absolutely not allowed especially ones that will take our readers/members to sites that are dubious in content. I, and our other mods, will delete the outbound link and on occasion we will delete the entire post if the link was the only reason for posting.

Please read and respect our rules and wishes in this regard. Today I have just had to delete 3 posts, and I'd like to think you have something other to contribute to this forum.

Thank you - Womens-Health moderators.

I must add that advertising is also not allowed.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
      I must add that advertising is also not allowed.
      does that include blogs of business owners?

as there has been a link to a blog on a post since 7/27

Comment

If outbound links continue to appear from a specific member, that member may be banned for a period of time or may be banned permanently. The excessive need for moderation of a member's posts is not appreciated.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

does that include blogs of business owners?

as there has been a link to a blog on a post since 7/27

Please point out the specific ones. Some of the blogs were around before most of us began to admin, so we don't have guidance on how to handle them. The blogs seem to have references to where the information in them came from.

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
            Please point out the specific ones. .
            a posting on 7/27 with the business owner's link to their blog
            is not that veiled advertising?

(top of forum vBCms)

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

a posting on 7/27 with the business owner's link to their blog
              is not that veiled advertising?

(top of forum vBCms)
              Found it. Removed link. Thank you for pointing it out.

Comment

Working...
              X