• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depression problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression problems

Depression is a main problem now a days. Over 350 million people suffered due to this disease. I want to discuss your depression problems and find the best solution for all of us. Every one take part in this discussion and got fruitful results......

I want to discuss how someone who is only 23 got through medical school so quickly
    how many grades did you skip to get through college, medical school, and residency so fast?

you must be a real Doogie Howser! Are you?

powell
    was serious about wanting to know how you became physician by age 23

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
      I want to discuss how someone who is only 23 got through medical school so quickly
      how many grades did you skip to get through college, medical school, and residency so fast?

you must be a real Doogie Howser! Are you?
      Everything is not always what it seems to be on the internet. It reminds me of the cartoon with a dog sitting in front of a computer, talking to another dog. He says "On the internet, no one knows that you're a dog."
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

And I made use of the pause here.

I had typed a rather snotty response and decided such a catty remark was not the best thing here.

I also would love to help others with depression. It can indeed be devastating, and CAN be managed without medication.

Comment

your're right kitty, depression can have serious consequences
          and it still has a stigma but shouldn't

Comment

our community is starting to offer classes re drugs and also adolescents in crisis, etc

Comment

since a couple teens have killed themselves in our community over the last couple years, depression, bullying etc is definitely a problem so I think it is good that someone decided classes for the community would be valuable

Comment

and just as depression affects teens/young adults, it does seem to be affecting elderly more, too
                Last edited by amy40; 09-10-2017, 07:32 AM. Reason: staying on topic

Comment

the purpose of this discussion is to help the people who suffer due to depression..

Comment

Originally posted by powelle View Post
                    find the best solution for all of us.
                    and what is your solution?

Comment

There are a lot of method which helped to release depression problems.
                      Get in a routine
                      Set goals
                      Exercise
                      Eat healthy
                      Get enough sleep
                      Take on responsibilities
                      Challenge negative thoughts
                      Check with your doctor before using supplements
                      Do something new
                      Try to have fun
                      pick any one and release depression

Comment

Pick any one?
                        Really?
                        Your belief is that just one of those will release a person from depression?

Comment

If you are consistent then you got results....

Comment

for a mother suffering from post partum depression, or an elderly person already taking meds for a serious disease (meds which sometimes even cause depression) or for someone cycling into depression who has bipolar:

postpartum depression-see your Dr, you may need to be put on meds
                            elderly people-see your Dr, your current meds may need adjusted and/or you may need an antidepressant
                            bi-polar depression- see your Dr, your lithium or current meds may need adjusted

if mildly depressed, exercise, eating heathy, counselling may all help but if it worsens, see your physician
                            keep in mind depression is a disease just like diabetes; do not be afraid to seek treatment

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                              for a mother suffering from post partum depression, or an elderly person already taking meds for a serious disease (meds which sometimes even cause depression) or for someone cycling into depression who has bipolar:

postpartum depression-see your Dr, you may need to be put on meds
                              elderly people-see your Dr, your current meds may need adjusted and/or you may need an antidepressant
                              bi-polar depression- see your Dr, your lithium or current meds may need adjusted

if mildly depressed, exercise, eating heathy, counselling may all help but if it worsens, see your physician
                              keep in mind depression is a disease just like diabetes; do not be afraid to seek treatment
                              Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X