Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I cancel my membership with WHF?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How do I cancel my membership with WHF?

I want out.....I don't like anything about the new website. I will miss a lot of you.

• oyeeee we all unhappy with this new avatar of the site. But there is nothing like that you leave the site. You are Silver Contributor so you have to stick with this new look of the site and have to continue with your amazing work. after some time you gonna be comfortable it. You are very imp and senior of the site so act like one.
    Blood Group : B+! Not a feminist, because I believe in gender equality. Not an atheist, because I believe in myself. Not a forum VIP, because my answers are still good.

Comment

• I agree with Romy! The change was not an improvement. The old format was much better.

Comment

• Changing the format of a site is a difficult task. The Admins tried to improve the experience and I applaud the effort even though it appears that navigating the forum is more difficult. However, I urge everyone to stick around for a while and not to make rash decisions . . . the purpose of the forum has not changed and we enjoy the people we have met. I am sure Little, CW, BD and the others will figure out something.
        "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• I'd point you to the FAQ - but I can't find it! Essentially, you can't cancel your membership. You simply stop using it.

I wish you guys knew how much hard work Nick went through to upgrade the forum without just deleting everything and starting from scratch ... and how many behind the scenes things were completely broken beyond all hope of repair before. It's definitely a learning curve - I am still figuring out what went where. And I'm compiling a list of issues to work through with Nick. We jumped from vBulletin version 4.2 to 5.1. These are huge changes, and the people trying to help you are unpaid volunteers just figuring it out as we go along, just like the rest of you. It's so disheartening to come on WH every day for the last few days and see messages about how much the admins (hi, that's me!) suck at this, but I'm still trying. If you don't want to try, that's your business. I'm not here to force you to use a website you don't want to use.

Thanks to everybody who has posted uplifting messages and lists of what is going wrong on their end. I am not responding to everything but I am reading all of it. I don't have a lot of power to change things on the forum software and a lot of this is a matter of finding out what it is possible for me to do under the new version and what needs to be escalated to Nick. There are also questions of what is already possible through add-ons to vB's functions and whether the add-ons are safe. Unsafe add-ons can get us hacked again, which would lose even more quality members who depend on their anonymity and whose honest posts about sex and other ideas would have serious consequences for them in the real world, so we are understandably reluctant to use any.

I'm going to try to find the FAQ now ...
          <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• No sense in throwing the baby out with the bath water but like Romy I am having trouble with the changes. I find the font and colors very difficult to read!!!! I also used to use my mobile devise most of the time but find it does not allow me to see what the most recent post to a section is so I dont know if I have read it yet. It takes time to move in and out of the sections. Every time I go into a section a next button pops up covering half my screen and I have to click the screen to get rid of it. The old site was so easy to use, read, access.

Might want to consider re-instating the old site until the bugs / format needs get worked out and then run a beta site at the same time to allow people to comment and improve the new version. Without people actively contributing it wont matter what the site looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post

I wish you guys knew how much hard work Nick went through to upgrade the forum without just deleting everything and starting from scratch ... and how many behind the scenes things were completely broken beyond all hope of repair before. It's definitely a learning curve - I am still figuring out what went where ...
              One of my life's philosophies is that "no good deed goes unpunished". We all appreciate the work and effort of the Admins who do this without pay because this site is important to them. All of the criticism from us users demonstrates our passion for the site and the importance of the friendships we have made.

Though it's only been a few days, it seems to me that the number of new people posting threads has significantly decreased. That is a concern to me. I hope that the core group can stick around until the majority of issues can be solved. My main issue is that I have lost the key to the secret lounge ....
              "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• I handle technology procurement and change management for a living. With ANY software implementation/upgrade there are glitches, little things that have to be worked out as they are discovered. It's the nature of the beast. I've learned some very important lessons regarding people:

1/6 of people are the champions - the change leaders, those who find ways to make things more progressive, efficient, and work to lead those changes
                2/3 of people are the sustainers - they won't lead the change, but will often support it and go along with it if they understand why things are changing and what they need to do to adjust to it and contribute to its success
                1/6 of people are no-changers - these people will not embrace change, they are not willing to see the big picture, they only see that what they're accustom to has changed and therefore, by default, they do not like it, they will not support a strategic vision if it means ANY change for them whatsoever

Unfortunately, the latter category attracts the most attention, when it's the first two who really matter the most.

WH has been around a long time. We've seen changes over the years. This particular one, is a very positive one for the site as a whole and once all the glitches are worked out everything will be great. It's like when Apple releases a new iOS and people are freaking out because their icons look different...............a small % of people will leave and go to Android, but the majority of people will adjust and in a few weeks it will be the new normal.

Thank you Little and Nick for all you've done and continue to do to make WH an even better place.
                "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Effy, one of the problems we're having is getting new accounts activated. But some new registrations are obviously getting in, so it's confusing O.o And I think I added you back to the SL, so check again and let me know! Everyone who was added manually got booted in the upgrade, but I added a few people back in. I didn't have a full list of who had gotten added, so I may have missed someone.

If some people could send screen shots of what they are seeing to support[at]womens-health[dot]com it would be helpful to show me what you're having problems with. Try to include what page URL you are on when the problem presents itself. The more information I have, the more I can help!
                  <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Well before these updates took place we were alerted that the site would go down for a period for maintenance/updates. I knew that was going to mean that the entire format of the forum was going to change, people were going to hate it, and then leave.

I should have said something before the update took place
                    [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Little,

Did you get the PM about cancellation? As far as I can tell, there's no way to know if pm's were sent/received unless responded to, but there's no "reply to" button, lol, so that makes it a bit difficult. If not, maybe this will help. BEFORE logging in, there is a tagline highlighted in yellow at the top of the page. Midway of the first sentence is a link for FAQ. Click that link, scroll to bottom and on the left-hand side of the page click vBulletin policy/terms. There is a link that takes you to the 'no cancellation' policy ;-) You're much more tech savvy than me, so I'm sure you've already found this.

Btw, I got booted from the SL too :-( (You missed me, lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by Romy View Post
                        I want out.....I don't like anything about the new website. I will miss a lot of you.

I truly hope you change your mind Romy, you will be surely missed here at WH. You add a lot of fun times here with many of us. But anyway god bless you and enjoy life with your family.
                        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
                          Effy, one of the problems we're having is getting new accounts activated. But some new registrations are obviously getting in, so it's confusing O.o And I think I added you back to the SL, so check again and let me know! Everyone who was added manually got booted in the upgrade, but I added a few people back in. I didn't have a full list of who had gotten added, so I may have missed someone.!
                          Still not available to me. No rush.

Comment

• I know getting a new web site up and running is not easy by any means. There always going to be a few problems or tweeks to work out. Let's everyone give the wonderful people who work hard to keep this site up and running a chance to work the bugs out its taking me some time to get used to it at first.
                            When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Hello All - This is Nick from Emerge Media, the company behind this great site. We were experiencing a ton of issues with the old version of vBulletin. The past version was about 2 years old and traffic was starting to decline due to tech issues with it. While we didn't anticipate all the issue the new version of vB would bring, overall, its going to make for a better site with increased functionality. In the mean time, we do apologize for the bumps along the way and we are working to resolve them as soon as we can.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X