• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sexuality on WH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexuality on WH

I think we should allow a place where lesbian or bi-sexual women can chat about their fiance's, wives, and girlfriends. Not everyone is straight!

I do think most of us here are practicing heterosexuality, tho I certainly hope that any others would Be open to posting. I don't think any of the forum titles are overtly Exclusionary.

The forum title is Women's Health, but there are men posting regularly. Maybe some gay and lesbian members are lurking also. I'm not sure I can identify with some issues facing those couples, but I think generally, the principles for making a relationship work are the same.

Are you gay/lesbian? Would you be more likely to share and ask questions if there was a separate topic heading?

Comment

I would think that those who wish to do so could post under Relationships, or Husband, fiancé, etc. forum topic. I curl with a couple of ladies that are both in separate relationships with a same sex partner. To me it's a relationship with the same ups and downs, joys and sadness, as any other relationship. Being a lesbian, bi, or homosexual, or trans relationship doesn't necessarily mean it's all about sex. I'm sure that we could all benefit from helping each other out when we can.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        I do think most of us here are practicing heterosexuality, tho I certainly hope that any others would Be open to posting. I don't think any of the forum titles are overtly Exclusionary.

The forum title is Women's Health, but there are men posting regularly. Maybe some gay and lesbian members are lurking also. I'm not sure I can identify with some issues facing those couples, but I think generally, the principles for making a relationship work are the same.

Are you gay/lesbian? Would you be more likely to share and ask questions if there was a separate topic heading?
        I don't think they are overtly exclusionary, but still feel like there should be a place specifically for the minority. Yeah, I still don't understand why men are on Women's Health, but that's just me! I consider myself bi-sexual, but I tend towards men, so more likely? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
          I would think that those who wish to do so could post under Relationships, or Husband, fiancé, etc. forum topic. I curl with a couple of ladies that are both in separate relationships with a same sex partner. To me it's a relationship with the same ups and downs, joys and sadness, as any other relationship. Being a lesbian, bi, or homosexual, or trans relationship doesn't necessarily mean it's all about sex. I'm sure that we could all benefit from helping each other out when we can.
          But why would a lesbian post in the "Husband/Fiance" forum? I do understand that they can post in "Relationships". I just don't think it would do harm to add a forum for women in same-sex relationships. I also definitely don't think that any relationship, regardless of sexuality, is all about sex.

Comment

Legitimate question.

Though I think at this point, there would have to be an increase in readership here to make an addition worthwhile.

Comment

I don't think the headings of the forum are meant to be exclusionary - that's just what they are named. Perhaps a rename of one of them would include everyone. Right now, Relationships forum seems to be the likely one for people to use.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                there are men posting regularly.
                Good point, Kitty. We need to make this site more man-friendly.

Originally posted by JupiterGirl View Post
                Yeah, I still don't understand why men are on Women's Health, but that's just me!
                There used to be a brother site called Mens-Health, but it wasn’t modded as well. People who were more sociable and thoughtful tended to come here. And a lot of the issues women have are not exclusive to them, but are just human.

Also, men have women in their lives. And the women here like to hear a male perspective from time to time.
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post

it could be...

Comment

Originally posted by JupiterGirl View Post
                    I think we should allow a place where lesbian or bi-sexual women can chat about their fiance's, wives, and girlfriends. Not everyone is straight!
                    Chatting about things is not restricted.
                    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

JupiterGirl, I may not understand this, but why would you want a separate area for this? My understanding through my friends is that they don't want to be singled out as different. They want the so-called mainstream to just accept them for who they are. They don't want to be treated differently than any other person, they just want to be considered as persons that happen to be in a same-sex relationship. They are husbands and wives. They are parents, grandparents. They are in love - or not. They have problems with their relationships - or not. To me, making a separate section to discuss all these things puts LBGQT people as different to the rest. I thought this is what we have been trying to avoid.

I'm really trying to understand here, can you help me with the thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post

There used to be a brother site called Mens-Health, but it wasn’t modded as well. People who were more sociable and thoughtful tended to come here. And a lot of the issues women have are not exclusive to them, but are just human.

Also, men have women in their lives. And the women here like to hear a male perspective from time to time.
                        Just my personal opinion...

Comment

JupiterGirl, I may not understand this, but why would you want a separate area for this? My understanding through my friends is that they don't want to be singled out as different. They want the so-called mainstream to just accept them for who they are. They don't want to be treated differently than any other person, they just want to be considered as persons that happen to be in a same-sex relationship. They are husbands and wives. They are parents, grandparents. They are in love - or not. They have problems with their relationships - or not. To me, making a separate section to discuss all these things puts LBGQT people as different to the rest. I thought this is what we have been trying to avoid.

I'm really trying to understand here, can you help me with the thinking?
                          I don't think it has anything to do with being singled out. I'm not trying to make things difficult. I'm just saying that a person who is lesbian might feel uncomfortable posting in a forum for straight people... Like if a woman has a wife, I don't get why she would be pushed to post in the "Husband" forum. And she's a woman, so she shouldn't have to go to a men's site to post in the "Wives" forum. You know? I feel like you're taking it to another level and making assumptions about the way I really feel or what I'm thinking, because I do not think that LGBTQ+ are any different than anyone else. I'm also bisexual.

Comment

I'm not trying to make any type of assumption, just trying to understand because I truly feel understanding is the key to knowledge and growth. As I said earlier, perhaps the name of that particular forum could be changed or posting could be made in the Relationships forum.

Given that we do have men posting as well, it makes sense to change the name. We'd have to contact the powers that be and see if that is possible.

Comment

I'm not trying to make any type of assumption, just trying to understand because I truly feel understanding is the key to knowledge and growth. As I said earlier, perhaps the name of that particular forum could be changed or posting could be made in the Relationships forum.

Given that we do have men posting as well, it makes sense to change the name. We'd have to contact the powers that be and see if that is possible.
                              Or you could leave it and just make a "Wives" forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X