Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sexuality on WH

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    It was a good suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
    Husbands/Fiance forum is now Spouse/Partner forum. :-D
    Wow, thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    Husbands/Fiance forum is now Spouse/Partner forum. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    And thank you for missing me amy40 . I'm sending you virtual hugs!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Ashlee T.
    replied
    I think Rihanna said it best when asked why she doesn't hold casting calls specifically for trans women:
    "I've had the pleasure of working with many gifted trans women throughout the years, but I don't go around doing trans castings! Just like I don't do straight non trans women castings! I respect all women, and whether they're trans or not is none of my business! It's personal and some trans women are more comfortable being open about it than others so I have to respect that as a woman myself! I don't think it's fair that a trans woman or man be used as a convenient marketing tool! Too often do I see companies doing this to trans and black women alike! There's always just that one spot in the campaign for the token "we look mad diverse" girl/guy! It's sad!"

I don't have any problem with changing the Husbands forum name to "Spouses" (though I'll have to see if I even have that capability). I'm all about inclusion. But, I'm not about segregation. I have been here since 2008 and throughout those years, I have conversed with many lesbian and bisexual women on this site posting about their lovers/spouses etc. This is not a "site for straight people". It's a site for all people who care to or want to discuss topics related to women's health. If changing the husbands forum to "spouses" increases inclusion of all people, I'm all for it.

I appreciate the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• amy40
    replied
    Originally posted by JupiterGirl View Post
    I think we should allow a place where lesbian or bi-sexual women can chat about their fiance's, wives, and girlfriends. Not everyone is straight!
    Jupiter girl
    you can always post any topic in the Lounge which is under girl talk

latest topics show up on the right side of the screen so people will find newest postings

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by jns View Post

First, I am a guy who is a long time poster. As a son, husband, brother and uncle among other roles, I interact with women in my life. Being able to learn how women think is important and to be sure, women often approach subjects different than men. Further, since I am married outside of my ethnic group, I can see how that affects things. I can give some insights in how guys think because I can analyze how they think from a personal perspective of how my guy friends think. I hope my insights can help those who request help.
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• jns
    replied

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to change something so simple. But still don't get why, of all the forums on the Internet, men come to this one.
    First, I am a guy who is a long time poster. As a son, husband, brother and uncle among other roles, I interact with women in my life. Being able to learn how women think is important and to be sure, women often approach subjects different than men. Further, since I am married outside of my ethnic group, I can see how that affects things. I can give some insights in how guys think because I can analyze how they think from a personal perspective of how my guy friends think. I hope my insights can help those who request help.

Leave a comment:

• amy40
    replied
    Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
    also miss effy and a few others.
    I miss BD

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    Me too Claret. Magnetism has peeked in on another post. I also miss effy and a few others.

Leave a comment:

• Claret
    replied
    Stillness I remember when you first joined us. It's nice to know that these forums have helped someone. It's nice to hear feedback. There are others that I won't name that come back once in a while to post or just join in periodically. I've often wondered if they were helped through their issues as well.

Leave a comment:

• Stillness
    replied
    But still don't get why, of all the forums on the Internet, men come to this one.
    Besides the things I mentioned in post #8, this was a very active forum when I joined. What you see now is just a shell of its former glory. I was having issues in my marriage - a lot of which were being discussed here. Seeing women's perspectives literally changed my life. I got some help, posted some stuff that I think helped others, and stuck around.

Honestly, this was the first place I found like this. I'm not even sure I knew sites like it existed at the time. If so, I had never spent any time in one or joined up. To this day, it's the only forum like this I'm a member of.

Does that answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• JupiterGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Stillness View Post
    Seems like a lot of hassle. I've seen plenty of bisexual, lesbian, and other alternate lifestyle people post here. I've got a wife and have posted in the husband area. As was mentioned, I'm not even a woman.

I joke a lot about the matriarchy and male exclusion here, but I don't really see why it's a big a deal. If you're comfortable in your own skin the labels don't really matter. If you're not comfortable with yourself, there's still a place for you here. :-)
    It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to change something so simple. But still don't get why, of all the forums on the Internet, men come to this one.

Leave a comment:

• atskitty2
    replied
    I've wondered about forum titles much more than pertaining to sexuality or relationships.

Leave a comment:

• Stillness
    replied
    Seems like a lot of hassle. I've seen plenty of bisexual, lesbian, and other alternate lifestyle people post here. I've got a wife and have posted in the husband area. As was mentioned, I'm not even a woman.

I joke a lot about the matriarchy and male exclusion here, but I don't really see why it's a big a deal. If you're comfortable in your own skin the labels don't really matter. If you're not comfortable with yourself, there's still a place for you here. :-)

Leave a comment:

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
  • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
  • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
  • Hello All

Hi everyone,
    I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
  • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
Working...
X