• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Everyone, we need YOUR help! Take a moment to cast your vote on the new WH logo! Vote Here!
See more
See less

This Site Is Giving Me a Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Site Is Giving Me a Virus

I'm pretty sure of it. It's called PUA.WASMcoinminer. It always comes after I visit this site.

I've been getting it for about 1.5-2 weeks. My protection always catches it, but that doesn't mean that I'm not concerned. I'm going to have to discontinue coming here on my home computer until I know this is resolved. Please let me know.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
    I'm pretty sure of it. It's called PUA.WASMcoinminer. It always comes after I visit this site.

I've been getting it for about 1.5-2 weeks. My protection always catches it, but that doesn't mean that I'm not concerned. I'm going to have to discontinue coming here on my home computer until I know this is resolved. Please let me know.
    It may be your computer is continuously infected and Women's Health is just triggering a reappearance. There are web pages dedicated to removing the virus.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      It's called PUA.WASM.
      it's this site

on husband's computer recently and everytime I got on WH, his virus detection showed it and removed it
      I was on other sites on his computer but it only appeared with WH

Comment

I have never seen it, not on my work computer, home computer, or work laptop after visiting this site. I always check my quarantine. That is so strange. I will contact the site administrators and see I they have heard of this.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I contacted Nick, the CTO of the the site host and he discovered there IS a virus attached to one of the ads on the site. He will have it removed by Monday at the latest. However, he said that this virus will not affect anyones computer.

Don't leave us Stillness. :-)
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

My virus detection and malware software has not found anything and I've had no problem.

Comment

Beautiful Disaster I didn't leave. I just wasn't coming here on my PC.

Originally posted by Claret View Post
              My virus detection and malware software has not found anything
              I don't know if that's good or bad.

"Those sowing seed with tears
              Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

My virus detection and malware software has not found anything and I've had no problem.
                am surprised it didn't show up
                a little box appeared and showed the virus and that it was removed

Beautiful Disaster
                thanks BD, the virus is not showing up on husband's computer anymore

Comment

am surprised it didn't show up
                  a little box appeared and showed the virus name and that it was then removed; happened every time clicked posts

Beautiful Disaster
                  thanks BD, the virus is not showing up on husband's computer anymore

Comment

I haven't found this virus on my computer. I am sure it'll be resolved soon. Still, it is good to have notified the moderators. I will be on the look out myself.

Comment

That's where Mac's are good.

Comment

Working...
                      X