Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweat Problems

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Sweat Problems

Hey there, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an ongoing issue here. Being it's getting warmer here in the northern hemisphere, my issues with sweating and odor have returned. When I work out or if it's hot out, I find that everywhere, including my groin, sweat quite a bit and I acquire an embarrassing odor down there. I wash every day with a mild soap and keep my hair short. I've also tried natural cotton and athletic underwear, but it has not helped at all. I often find I have to change my underwear at least once a day because they become so damp and smelly and I often have to freshen up throughout the day...

It is a huge source of embarrassment and im not sure what to do about it. I'm wondering if feminine products such as summer's eve can actually help with this problem? I would prefer not to use antiperspirant products down there, they just don't sound very healthy to me. I've never had issues with yeast infections or anything else like that, just body odor.

• Have you tried modifying your diet? I'm not sure you can control the sweat as it sounds like you're already doing everything you should be. But, the sweat should not have a foul odor. Are you eating a diet heavy in fatty/greasy foods? Heavy in onion, peppers, etc?

Perhaps getting some nice smelling feminine wipes or just wet wipes to freshen up with when you go to the bathroom would help?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I don't know anyone that sweats more than me, so I feel your pain. A couple of things:

1) Diet can help with smells, like BD mentioned. My first thought was water, since you're sweating a lot. That helps keep your system clean.

2) Feminine washes do work. My wife swears by summers eve. I notice a difference when she uses it.

3) There's a good chance that you're smelling a lot more than others are if you're bathing daily and wearing clean clothes.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Originally posted by Loric2014
        Foods and spices that have a strong odor are often manifested in my perspiration, like a bad breath. Garlic, Thai food and some vegetables.
        My wife is Thai and eats Thai food all of the time. She does not have a bad body odor or foul breath. I think different people react differently to different foods.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
        • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
          I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Yesterday, 11:33 AM By lilrose
        • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

Today, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
        • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
        • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
        Working...
        X