Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clitoris woes.....

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Clitoris woes.....

Firstly, let me apologise for coming to you all with my genital woes without properly introducing myself........I'm an impatient sod and need reassurance (please!) and advice as soon as you can give it aha! I have one main problem and then another worry, but it's the main problem I shall highlight first....also, apologies if any of this is TMI.

Ok, so......I am not sexually active (apart from masturbation - usually clitoral stimulation). I've never had any problems up until a few days ago. For about three days now my clit has been very swollen and very sore to the touch. The "hood" and "look" of it is about twice it's normal size. There isn't pain, as such, just a feeling of it not being right and it feels a bit awkward. the only time I have pain is if I prod it or press down.

At first, it felt like a hard long bone/tube had shifted and sort of moved out of place (on my clitoris and above it, no idea about specific clit anatomy but this is what it felt like). Now, it's not so much hard feeling but kinda smushy and like it could be filled with a liquid. There is white bits on my clitoris hood, I keep cleaning away. There is no strong smell, but a normal "dischargey" type smell. My hood is very swollen and red (although, maybe not any more than usual, i'm not familiar with the looks of things down there to be honest.

I'm wondering......well, what the hell has happened?? Does it sound like yeast? I have felt a little itchy down there and my vagina is a little itchy. I really want to avoid going to the doctors for as long as I can and would rather try and deal with it at home. I have high anxiety and the thought of pulling my daisy dukes down and baring all in front of my GP sends a panic down my spine.

So - swollen clitorus/hood
    - some dry discharge

How can I help this? What over the counter medication might help if it's yeast? Will a hot bath help? HELLLLLLPPPPPPP?!

My second worry is that........I am a virgin (mid 20's, I know I know) but I seem to never be able to insert anything even when I am highly aroused/lubricated and feeling "ready". What is wrong? I've tried and tried (carefully, I might add) but with no success, I can use tampons and insert one finger...two at a push but nothing else, it's like fort knox down there..............
    Last edited by Whimsy; 06-25-2017, 02:52 PM.

• whimsy
    Welcome to womenshealth forum.
    have you ever been to a gynecologist?
    if not, you can choose a women dr if you'd feel more comfortable

Comment

• Hiya,

No, I have not yet been to one. My anxiety is very high functioning, so It's not something that would be easy for me hence asking for opinions and advice on here aha. I appreciate it's not good to diagnose via the internet, but I was hoping someone might have some pearls of wisdom or been through something similar x

Comment

• Welcome to WH! Hopefully one of the ladies has had experience with this sort of thing and will check in. Swollen and sore is similar to being stimulated but that usually doesn't have the soreness. I wonder if you have something stuck under the hood that is keeping your clitoris swollen. A grain of sand would do such a thing and probably a lot of other things could do it as well. If it had sharp edges, such as a grain of sand might, it could cut the delicate skin. Then your body would rush white blood cells to the cut, such as you may have seen on other sores and cuts, causing the white discharge which would dry in air. Possibly your cleaning has caused even more irritation. A hot bath may help. Possibly a cream or salve would also work, but I don't have a specific suggestion. Maybe a burn cream or aloe vera. I would think a lightly medicated or not medicated cream or gel would be best unless a need for medication is shown. Maybe even sex lubricant.
        Last edited by jns; 06-25-2017, 03:11 PM.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks jns...I did wonder if something like that had happened, I'd read online about hairs causing similar issues :O
          I will try a warm bath tonight to see if it eases things :\

Comment

• Hey Whimsy, that's a super sensitive part of our bodies. If it is red and inflamed it is possible you have a bit of an external yeast infection. That is assuming you did nothing to injure it. I'd probably leave it alone entirely for a day or two (no excess cleaning, no ointments) and see what happens. If it does not get better in a day or two, I'd get some anti-fungal yeast infection cream and give it a try.

The tightness is not abnormal in my opinion.
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hey everyone, so I thought I would update you all. The pain and swelling got unbearable and I am currently waddling around like a penguin.......not a great look! I took myself off to my GP (or Doctor....I've only just realised this forum is based in the states and i'm from the UK so apologies if some words like that I use are different).

Anyway, she was almost immediate in diagnosing it as a clitoral abscess....ouch! She has given me AB's in the hopes it will get rid of it but she said I will have to be careful not to aggravate it too much because of the risk of it popping.....yikes!!!!! It's not an abscess on the top of my clitoris, but inside the hood, so that's why it looks like a grape and feels ready to pop.

It's currently very sore and uncomfortable, probably from being prodded but fingers crossed it will ease very soon (and NOT pop!!)

Comment

• OUCH!!!! THAT sounds so painful. You poor thing. I hope the AB's kick in and start working fast. I bet you will even feel some relief by tomorrow.

We're based on the US, but there are people from all over the world here. We just have all learned to decipher each other's language and lingo. It just makes us all the more interesting here.

Comment

• Thanks, I really hope so too, the discomfort is horrible especially at night time. I'm hoping it's hurting due to her having a look but she was very gentle so i'm not sure if it's got worse on it's own? I'm going to have a hot bath in a minute to see if that helps soothe it

Ah, that's ok then! It seems like a very friendly forum, even after introducing myself with such a, err, delicate subject aha x

Comment

• Whimsy, your use of the word "sod" made me immediate place you as being likely from the UK. It makes little difference when coming up with advice, although advice to people from very much different societies may have to be adjusted. I'm glad you decided to see your GP after all. It sounds like things are going in the right direction now. I had an abscess on my inner thigh a couple of years ago that was very painful and that was constantly irritated by sitting at work. Fortunately by the time I went to see the doctor it was already draining. Did your GP say if it would drain naturally?

One of our former admins was from Australia. I still miss her advice.
                    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You're very right, it doesn't make any difference where the advice comes from

Itt certainly don't feel like it's going in the right direction, the pain today is immense....I can't have my legs together because the swelling has gotten bigger and it gets sorta squashed....I can't walk (well, a VERY awkward waddle), sleeping last night was not easy and sitting down is also very difficult. I'm having to sit with my legs apart, but now i'm having trouble because i'm airing it out, it's becoming dry and my labia keeps drying stuck to my swollen clitoris....I know that sounds so awful but there's no other way of putting it aha - it is ridiculously uncomfortable. The swelling has gone up even more and there is a lot of pressure, almost like a weight is hanging and pulling it down, i'm wondering if it's a sign it might burst :\ something of which i'm pretty terrified of the thought! I'm trying to take things easy and currently just lounging on the sofa, since i'm unable to walk much I have no other choice!

I've been on the AB's since yesterday, she prescribed 500mg flucloxacillin 4 x daily....anyone know when I might feel some relief and they kick in?

The doctor didn't mention about draining on it's own, not that I can remember anyway. I was just focused on her saying it could burst! It keeps making me go very light headed, but I can't sit with my head between my legs because that position is so painful! ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• I am hurting just reading that Whimsy!!! You poor thing. I was so hoping it would be better for you today. That's a heavy dose of antibiotic so it should be kicking in soon. If I were you, I'd be taking some probiotics and ask the doctor for a Diflucan too. A mega dose of antibiotic can cause a yeast infection and digestive issues. The Diflucan and a probiotic should eliminate that!

Comment

• Thanks Beautiful Disaster x I was also hoping today would be better
                          Oh, is it...hopefully a high dose means it will have a good effect on it.....oh gawd, I better not get a yeast infection on top of all this. I have some kefir grains (I make kefir for my dogs) so I might make myself some up - thanks for the tip xx

Comment

• I wonder if something anti-inflammatory would help - if not something pharmaceutical like ibuprofen, then maybe something natural, like tart cherry juice concentrate.

Maybe staying away from inflammatory foods like bread temporarily would help too.
                            "Those sowing seed with tears
                            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Unfortunately i'm allergic to ibuprofen would the tart cherry juice be to drink? I'm not sure i've seen that in the shops here but will have a look i'm applying aloe vera gel to it atm which eases it for a few minutes but haven't seen any improvement in the swelling x

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                              • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                                I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Yesterday, 11:33 AM By lilrose
                              • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

Today, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
                              • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
                              • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
                              Working...
                              X