Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad vaginal smell

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bad vaginal smell

I went to my gynecologist because my vagina doesn’t smell very nice, it’s not fish or bread smell, it’s more of a “mashed potatoes in a hospital” kinda smell. (Odd comparison I know) I got a swab taken but it came out fine, the only thing was that I had more bacteria than average. They said there weren’t any meds for that and that I’ll just have to deal with it. I don’t know what to do as I’ve never had sex but I’m too embarassed to even try anything with other people. Please help?

• Has anyone also said that you smell bad? Maybe at the gynecologist's office? I am asking because women are often their own worst critics about such things. It may be that you smell perfectly normal.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• As jns said but also just make sure you keep absolutely clean. Check into some of the foods that you eat, they may upset your natural body excretions. Also you may find that douching would be helpful, ask you doctor for which type and how often. Yogurt can help offset some vaginal odors. But, just to make sure it's not all in your head, do you have someone close that would tell you if there really was an offensive odour?
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post
        Has anyone also said that you smell bad? Maybe at the gynecologist's office? I am asking because women are often their own worst critics about such things. It may be that you smell perfectly normal.
        No, I've never had anyone tell me that as no one has ever seen my vagina except for my gynecologist. I had showered that morning (yes I know, stupid thing to do before going there) so she couldnt smell anything. But I'm pretty sure it's not normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
          As jns said but also just make sure you keep absolutely clean. Check into some of the foods that you eat, they may upset your natural body excretions. Also you may find that douching would be helpful, ask you doctor for which type and how often. Yogurt can help offset some vaginal odors. But, just to make sure it's not all in your head, do you have someone close that would tell you if there really was an offensive odour?
          As far as I'm concerned my diet is pretty healthy. I shower every day with water and soap (no soap down there), so I'm also pretty clean. And I don't have anyone that could do that for me, would be way too embarassing to even ask tho.
          I've heard that douching is actually very bad and that it upsets your bacterial balance? My gynecologist also strongly recommended not to douche. I'm pretty sure it's not something in my head...

Comment

• I think many times, for us women, we are so sensitive to the smells and sounds, the appearance of our feminine areas, that our senses exaggerate things, including the scent. Our body has a natural odor that is very normal. If you have been checked out, wash regularly, then my guess it's just your natural smell.

Has your mom ever mentioned it? A close friend? If it isn't so bad that someone respectfully has informed you, it's very likely that nobody notices but you.

Comment

• So I discovered it's not my vagina that smells bad, it's the sides; the area next to the inner labia, that is covered by the outer labia. It's possible that this is sweat but I doubt it. Do you have any idea what this is?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
              • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Yesterday, 11:33 AM By lilrose
              • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

Today, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
              • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
              • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
              Working...
              X