Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so tired

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I'm so tired

Hi there,
    My husband is a heroin addict and no he is undergoing rehabilitation treatment in the rehab. It is an inpatient rehab meaning that he is in the there all the time. He had 4 relapses, and now his craving is too strong to cope it by our efforts only. That is why he needs professional help. The doctor advised us men-only rehab to meet my husband's needs more. We are there 2nd time. It is something like described here removed outbound link
    We have 3 children and now I'm the only one who cares for them. I'm not trying to say that my husband is a selfish person and dosnt like our children. However, in the state, he is now, he cannot give anything good to them. It's hard to take this all staff alone. I'm strong but not enough to be a loving mother, supportive wife, and pretend to play a role of the father. I'm sorry for my fish tale, but I need to express this to someone. In everyday life, I cannot show my weakness, I should maintain a good public image. However, keeping all this in me breaks me from the inside. Even writing this makes me feel better. Thank you!
    Last edited by Claret; 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

• Hi Ptrest welcome to our forums. Please continue to post, we have many kind and experienced people here that may be able to help you. Should you just need to vent or ask for advise, post away and we'll try to help.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ptrest View Post
      Hi there,
      My husband is a heroin addict and no he is undergoing rehabilitation treatment in the rehab. It is an inpatient rehab meaning that he is in the there all the time. He had 4 relapses, and now his craving is too strong to cope it by our efforts only. That is why he needs professional help. The doctor advised us men-only rehab to meet my husband's needs more. We are there 2nd time. It is something like described here removed outbound link
      We have 3 children and now I'm the only one who cares for them. I'm not trying to say that my husband is a selfish person and dosnt like our children. However, in the state, he is now, he cannot give anything good to them. It's hard to take this all staff alone. I'm strong but not enough to be a loving mother, supportive wife, and pretend to play a role of the father. I'm sorry for my fish tale, but I need to express this to someone. In everyday life, I cannot show my weakness, I should maintain a good public image. However, keeping all this in me breaks me from the inside. Even writing this makes me feel better. Thank you!
      I have seen a friend get hooked on heroin and how it warped his personality, making him very self centered. I'm sorry that your husband went down that road. At least he is going to treatment. I don't have any other advice other than to hang in there. He will need support when he comes out if he is going to beat the addiction.
      Last edited by jns; 12-21-2018, 05:35 AM. Reason: clarification
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Ptrest, thanks for sharing your story. I'm a mother too and I know how it is difficult to carry a child. I fully understand your state and your feelings as I've also faced such a situation. My husband was an addict. After rehabilitation, he is ok. Please, try not to think about this, it only burdens you. People in the rehab won't hurt your husband, they will help. You can browse AddictionResource.com to find some info on rehabs, or just talk to the therapist. He needs some time to recover. Then, your family will reconnect.
        I believe that you are strong! If you need to talk to someone, you are welcome to share here. There are many folks who are ready to listen to you and give support

Comment

• Thanks for joining us Ptrest. I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time. Addiction is one of, if not the worst things to ever have to deal with. And not just for the addict....equally as much if not more for those who love the addict. Addiction is by its very nature, selfish. Please always feel free to vent here. It is human to show weakness. Don't forget that it is perfectly okay and expected to.

Do you have an enjoyable holidays planned for you at the kiddos?
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Ptrest, I'm sorry you're experiencing these difficult days. Could you share a little about your country or culture and background? Are you in the US?

I understand keeping a strong face for the people you interact with, and putting up a strong front. Please, realize that this isn't necessary. There are resources to help and there's no weakness in asking for help. Reach out to the rehab center he's in, and ask for counseling, for additional services for your children who are lacking the nurturing of their father right now. If you're in the States, these facilities very likely offer a helping hand to family members. If not there, directly through them, they can direct you toward an organization that can help.

And as the other's stated, we're here too for support. My brother is an addict and I know how it destroys a family. Reaching out for the additional resources I've mentioned can help you greatly, in many ways. There's no shame in that, whatsoever.
            Hugs

Comment

• I second Claret's post.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
              • I’m not sure doct

hi, new here!
                I ended up having a water infection that wouldn’t go away until last month. Ever since I’ve dealt with heavy discharge - some...

Yesterday, 11:33 AM By lilrose
              • In Love Physical Relation is important?

What do you think in relation does sex is needed or not? If we mentally happy in relation then also we needed physical relation???

Today, 05:04 AM By paulgonzales86
              • Hoo hot for sex?

It is nearing the end of summer here in New Zealand and it has been a pretty hot summer – especially in the evenings / overnight…. Wife & I have...

03-17-2019, 06:29 PM By muffin70
              • Is it just me or do we all have one???

I have a very good friend, funny, gregarious, giving, loving, adventurous and all around good person. However, there is always a however, when we get...

03-11-2019, 07:23 AM By Claret
              Working...
              X