Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your advise on rant e-mail needed....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your advise on rant e-mail needed....

Ok, the history (notice that I'm hime alone drinking a bottle of wine alone on Xmas Eve... Brigitte Jones eat your heart out!!).....

Joined a dating website, met a guy (really nice). He wined and dined me twice and then on the third date asked me back to his. I accepted. Not heard anything from him since Saturday (when he said hed forgotten about out date on Sunday) despite sending him 2 texts. I want to send him either one of the following mails after seeing him log into Facebook. I want all suggestion on changes to make etc please:

So what was it? Were you just after a quick shag, nothing more?

I've got no problem finding men to hook up with for one night stand... so why do you think I would want to join match.com?

Or was it you? Just desperate for a shag and couldn't find anyone to help you out? (you getting the impression that I'm hurt?)

My self esteeme, despite what you might think, has been pretty battered over the past few years, mostly by my own making. So, what happens when I put myself on the line to try and find someone to care for me properly? I get knocked down yet again, by someone that I'd started to really like.... you.

So thank you, on the Eve of Xmas, for opening my eyes to what I probably knew all along.... no one wants me.

Forgive me if I remove you from FB as a friend, I somehow doubt that you'll be that bothered anyway.

.......Or....

So what was it? Were you just after a quick shag, nothing more? (in which case I particularly liked the line 'I want to wait until were sober'... such a turn on).

My self esteeme, despite what you might think, has been pretty battered over the past few years, mostly by my own making.

So anyway, I think to myself that I'm going to try and find a decent guy who is looking for the same things as me.... but what happens? I get knocked down yet again! Not by, a stranger or someone I wasn't planning on seeing again but by someone that I'd started to really like.... you.

You didn't even have the decency to tell me that you weren't interested anymore, just left me hanging.

So, thanks for the meals, the wine, the laughs and the shag. Shame you didn't want it to last any longer.

Forgive me if I remove you from FB as a friend, I somehow doubt that you'll be that bothered anyway.

What do ya think girls (i know It was my own fault for sleeping with him so soon!!!)....

• Don't give him the pleasure. What do you think his reaction will be? "Oh, I'm so sorry, blah blah blah, excuses excuses." Or worse, no answer. Nothing good can come out of sending him these messages. Not a single thing.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• True.... but I want to keep in touch with him!!!!

Maybe I'll just change my Facebook 'relationship' status to make him jealous?!.... haha!!! Like hes going to notice!

The thing is though that I've been with enough 'players' in my time to believe hes not like that.... Its so frustrating!!!

God!! being single has a lot to offer!!

Comment

• You've made the effort to speak to him. You never know what's going on. You're driving yourself crazy! I don't think your problem is sex. It's that you got yourself so attached to this man after three dates.
        Play it cool. If you pull all these antics you're talking about, you'll only get one thing out of it: being the butt of the jokes with him and his buddies. Work on being more independent so that you don't have to "play" cool, just BE cool.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerQueen79 View Post

The thing is though that I've been with enough 'players' in my time to believe hes not like that.... Its so frustrating!!!
          Then why not give it some more time? get too clingy too fast and you'll chase him away. wait a few days, send him a nice, non-intense, and very short email and see what happens.

Comment

• Its the holidays, he's probably really busy. Just calm down and back off. If he's interested you'll hear from him, if he isn't interested you won't and if he's on the fence, pushing will probably push him away.

Comment

• Thanks guys... everything you have said is sooo true.... ok.... will be strong.

But you'd think if he 'was out with his mates getting drunk' tonight (as per FB) then he could at least text me?!

oh well!!

Comment

• The thing about emotional emails is that you save them to drafts and you give it 24/48 hours to think about sending it.

You'll sound like a nutter! Believe me I've been there.

One particularly humiliating one was having my email returned to me, unread, with the following attached to it.....'I didn't read that...I don't care, now F off'

Comment

• Always hold your head up high..

So, you shagged.. Imagine, if you didn't send anything... You are making a statement, "thanks for the shag"... are you not? And, so you can't feel / look bad, when he hasn't contacted you.. He's left wondering himself, all be it that he decided that was it, it's still a question in his mind always... Yeah she never ever texted me?

Point being, if after that, he didn't contact you, then is that the sort of guy you want in your life?

Be careful of Internet sites , dating... a couple of dinners each time means nothing to a player seeking the vulnerable.

Women can be closed minded and think that all the guys on those sites are actually, really looking for "the one".. The funny thing is, most of them are, however, they will "settle" for the first one, or "use", or have no idea what they are looking for anyway..

Join some groups as well of things you like, Salsa dancing, something... meet like minded people, you also never know who's friends of theirs may pop into your life...

CW
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hmmm...

Honestly, your email sounds insecure and desperate. I understand you want to continue a relationship with this man but attacking him will probably make him bristle and pull away.

Maybe just start out with a hey, i had a nice time and would like to spend more time with you type of thing then move on to a where do we go from here...

Comment

• you call him a player....... don't hate the player hate the game.... omg u wanna send him nasty emails, change your relationship status on FB... who is playing who here?

If you conduct all your relationships this way then they are doomed to blow up and leave u feeling empty each time. Before you critisize his behavior examine your own.

You have give what you want in life and if that is love then start there.

Comment

• you asked for the changes if any.............. here is one:

erase it all and just type the following:
                        hey, i enjoyed the times we had spent together, hope your holiday went well and maybe when things settle down a bit we can hangout again.

thats it............ as the another one said before, you do sound desperate and bitter at the same time. its your fault of letting him shag with you to quick if you get attatch like that. you shold have let more time go by. I am not blaming you at all in that regaurd, just saying you shagged too, not just him.
                        now if he did use you just for the quickie, well then he isnt worth it. and you just had a night with some fun. enjoy it.
                        its fun meeting people and getting along, getting to know them, and all the new things that come from a fresh new beginning. but you have to chill out a bit. you will scare him away if he wants to see more.
                        who knows why he didnt contact you yet, but if you send him anything like you wanted to, he most deffinately will not contact you ever unless its to tell you to f-off.
                        he might actually have been busy.

so far everyone here is right. good answers from all.
                        little with the dont give him the pleasure and play it cool.......(good advice, take it).
                        no1 with the give it more time...........................................(do just that)
                        CW with ................. do you need a guy like that................(if that is true he used you, then do you need him)
                        uneek with the to desperate and insecure............(you sound like that if you send that message)

Comment

• Well how did it go? Did you send it?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X