Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post-Hookup Courtesy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Hookup Courtesy

[My ex and I had a minimally messy breakup last month, in case you're wondering where this came from ]
    I had drunk (protected) sex with a guy I know from class a few nights ago, and the next day he texts to apologize. I can't even begin to put myself in his place to try to understand why he would apologize when to me it looks like a "nobody got hurt" situation, so I figured I'd bring it to WH.
    Any suggestions?
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

• Maybe he was worried you might feel taken advantage of since its possible he pereceived you as being in a delicate mental state, post bad break-up. Sounds like he was either just trying to be a good guy, or was feeling insecure and antipating you calling and telling him it was a mistake.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• NOOOOOOO...I made a promise to answer first...and I failed....

...you know my suggestions....and you say "Monday, Ace...Monday."

dont stress it...you're only human
      The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
      -PostSecret

Comment

• I thought about that, HD, but because it's so the opposite of how I'm feeling, it just seems strange.
        I don't really know him that well, so I guess he doesn't know me that well either. We just have a class together (Yes, Ace, on Monday :P) Perhaps more information will come up then.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• sounds like no big deal, probably just covering his bases so you don't feel taken advantage of.

Comment

• My dearest Little,
            On monday...talk to him...ask him about it. Your a feminazi...you can do it (I wuvv you)
            The children almost broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it
            -PostSecret

Comment

• Uno:- You go to College with him, so he knows you as a person...soooo, he knows you as a person...

Dua: (shhhh I don't have to spell it right), No doubt, you talked about "pookie", etc pertaining to the ex.

Tria: (haha spell it for me later), It's endearing that he did that, knowing you were "drunk" assuming, you may feel hurt or guilty, considering you were in a "distant" relationship of sorts for so long and have now broken up.

Kind of nice don't you think?

I do......

Now, the other side of the coin is.... Soooo... Did she feel guilty?

If not, does she want to do it again? Like, no one got hurt situation?

Asking/posing the question to you babe, to get your answer of how you feel about the situation.....

CW
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• My guess is that he may think that you thought it meant something and maybe he's trying to pre-empt some awkward conversation or situation. I a lot of guys are surprised when a woman just wants to get some action without strings attached, and they don't really know how to handle it.

By the way, sorry to hear about you and your ex. I thought you two were pretty serious but LDRs are tough so I understand.

Comment

• lol, it took me ages to convince my current friend with benefits that I wasn't looking for my next husband or a serious relationship, and all I need is sex at least once, maybe twice a week... or as much as he will put out. He did the awkward avoiding me thing, I think he's pretty much gotten over it now he kjnows me a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by mewhenim View Post
                    lol, it took me ages to convince my current friend with benefits that I wasn't looking for my next husband or a serious relationship, and all I need is sex at least once, maybe twice a week... or as much as he will put out. He did the awkward avoiding me thing, I think he's pretty much gotten over it now he kjnows me a little better.
                    I tried having a FWB last fall. Problem is, if I am not getting any, my sex drive is capable of going into hibernation. But if I am getting it occasionally, like you are, once or twice a week, my libido is awake and working, but not getting nearly enough stimulation, so I spend all of my time frustrated and horny except for the nights I would see him. He started pulling away because I was bugging him almost daily for a session of benefits. I think he was afraid I would make too much out of it.

Little, I obviously don't know this guy, but its possible he might feel bad for what happened, as you are recovering from a break-up and were also drunk. He may just want to make sure that you knew he didn't want you to end up getting hurt.

Then again, I am oddly optimistic at the most random times. This might be one of those, as I am trying to give him credit for being a sensitive type.

Comment

• He may be worrying that you were drunk and may feel he took advantage of you. Let him know that its OK.

Comment

• I'll weigh in with the general consensus here. He's probably making sure you are OK with it and not feeling taken advantage of or hurt. I wouldn't give it a lot of worry. Hope you are holding up OK with the break up, even when "easy" they can still hurt.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X