Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake from Highschool

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake from Highschool

I don't know even how to begin. My life has been a sort of surprise to me lately. Things happen when I don't expect them too, and I end up thinking, "Where did that come from?"

So last week I ran into someone I hung out with a few years ago at Wal-Mart, and that turned into me getting his number and then us hanging out together all day.

It was a little awkward at first. I invited him to the lake, and then he ended up taking me. Then, after we swam a minute and sat and talked, we went and ate at the marina (where I completely embarrassed myself when my hotdog fell out of the bun and rolled down my arm leaving a messy ketchup trail! How does that happen?!) We fed the fish and the ducks french fries and onions. (They spit the onions back out) And then we stopped for some icies and went and watched a movie.

Neither of us talked too much. Half the time I think was spent in silence. I wondered what he was thinking. I wondered what he thought about us hanging out. I wondered if he could possibly like me, or if he saw me as just a friend and all we were doing was catching up. I thought about what I category I would put our association in. I thought about whether or not I could like him, or if I did like him. (Sometimes for me it's hard to tell at first) I wondered if he thought I was boring, or if he thought I was different than how I used to be. I wondered about a lot of things, but mostly about what he thought.

So, I don't know where this is all going to go. All I can really say is that I am very happy that I had the chance to spend some time with this guy. He was very generous to me, a little nervous, but that's okay, and such a sweetie. If anything with us continues, I hope we stay friends for quite sometime.
    "Greatness is a lot of small things done well. Day after day..."

• It sounds like things are working out for you, I am glad to hear that. There are times when things happen in our lives that surprise us but they end up working out for the best. I hope that you have the best time of your life hanging out with this guy and that everything works out for you.
    Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes and then that way if they get angry they will be a mile away and barefoot

Comment

• We can all use plenty of good people in our lives.

Comment

• I hope that this works out for you either in a relationship or just a friendship. If you really want to know what he is thinking, ask him. That's the only way to find out. I wish you the best.
        "All the beats and melodies keep realities at bay but what happens when the records done and starts to fade away? Alone within myself again, I try to veil away my pain. The dirty grey surrounding me 'round..... And now I hear no sound."

Comment

• Which Jake is this sweet?

You met someone "Jake" at the lake....

And two more from your life both Jakes,..

This Jake sounds sweet.

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X