Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUYS' opinions needed: How do you know if a guy really likes you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUYS' opinions needed: How do you know if a guy really likes you?

I would like opinions for guys mostly but girls also: How do you know if a guy is really into you? What things should I look for in his mannerisms that would tell me if he likes me or not?

I know this guy who I definitely like and am pretty sure he digs me. But it is always in a very public place where I see him. Wondering if guys tend to downplay their feelings in public for any of a number of reasons, one of which may be the fear of having an erection? Is it normal for guys to get erections upon simple stimulation such as flirtatious glances or seemingly innocent behavior such as touching their shoulder or a hug? I have always wondered this and would really like to know.

Would really like guys opions, but girls too if you have ideas about this.

Thanks

• The two red flags that most people point to in whether a guy is into you or not are physical contact and eye contact.

Does he meet your gaze and hold it while he is talking to you? Does a little smile curve his lips while he looks at you? Does he touch you on the arm or back often, for the slightest excuse? Does he try to sit either next to you or right across from you in a group?

I don't think I would spend too much time staring at his crotch trying to figure out if he has an erection. I would be more interested in what his other body parts are doing.

Comment

• Depending on their age, the younger (past puberty) the more likely, they can get a errection for just about any or no reason. As they get older it takes more to get a response and then it may be a little better indicator but w/o knowing how responsive he is - I wouldn't count it for a lot. Once you get to know him you get a better feel for that.

I think GN is more on target with this. But what we really need on this is some input from the males.

Comment

• Easy! We pull your pig tales. In other words, we make fun of you, but in a non offensive way, give you a hard time. We look you in the eyes when your talking. We open a door for you (although in my case I do that even if I don't like the person, habit). Theirs a lot of things depending on the guy. But what I think is 90% always correct is the VIBE you get. When I think a girl likes me, I'm normal right. So if you say 'he digs you', then theres something hes doing thats giving you that vibe. Instead of worrying about whether or not he likes you, just assume he does and play along. When your talking say something like, "That shirt looks good on you", and down the road if he likes you he will feel a need to compliment you also......oh and about the erection thing, if hes having one just from talking to you he needs to go back to playing video games, lol.

Comment

• lol! Well what funny is I did compliment his outfit one day. I didn't even mean to - leave it me to blurt something stupid out. But I guess it got the ball rolling. Now, we have this kind of unsaid thing (I THINK, because I am too stupid to know for sure - hopefully it is not all in my head). But yeah, he gives me a hard time and smiles funny sometimes when we exchange glances. I definitely use any excuse I CAN to touch him - he is very smooth and chiseled - kind of like Ryan Reynolds.

Yeah baby - that's not my bag baby!

Comment

• Try this...since you like to blurt things out, next time your in that 'kind of unsaid thing' mood you guys got going on, laugh at him and say, "I think someone likes me", in that cute unresistable way that girls do. See how he reacts!

Comment

• men do tease you when they like you, they will notice the smallest thing about you and then tease you about it, they also touch you not in a sleazy way but i remember when i wasnt sure if my honey liked me, we were looking over at jetty and he grabbed me and said dont fall in, sort of in a joking way. he did that sort of thing a lot, they also try and impress you. i cant remember noticing his private parts at all, but much later he confessed that he'd had some fantasies about me so who knows, i like bcnu's suggestion, i wish i'd thought of it at the time.

Comment

• You were curious if he gets hard, am I reading you right? Well, here is a thought...when you get so close to him, and I meant the physical closeness, being so connected kind of thing, and you can feel some sexual tension build up, try to pay attention if he shoves his hand in his pants' pocket. I dare you...he went hard.

How do I know? I didn't know this when my BF and I were first dating, getting to know each other. But when we committed ourselves and went serious, he told me this. During our first dates, he was afraid that I might notice he's always "bulgy", that he had to put his hand in his pocket to "push it" and align it well, so as not to be so noticeable.

Since then, I've always played with the idea. I would put my hand in his pocket, and say: "Do you have change?" Naughty, huh?

Comment

• You're very naughty - I like you! That's freakin awesome, lol! Good suggestions! Teasing boys is too fun!

Comment

• Naughty, indeed!

Yes, he did it again! It has been a sort of "ceremonial ritual" before he goes to work. Just a couple of minutes ago, we met for dinner, he dropped me off our hotel room, but he went in to use the bathroom...before he hits the door, he came close to me and asked: "Aren't you looking for change before I get back to work?"

I pretended not to get him, so he leaned closer. And I said, "I won't this time, but I will touch my toy torpedo!" LMAO! Playing along... I'll be "in trouble" when he gets back from work. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by caterpillar79 View Post
                      Yes, he did it again! It has been a sort of "ceremonial ritual" before he goes to work. Just a couple of minutes ago, we met for dinner, he dropped me off our hotel room, but he went in to use the bathroom...before he hits the door, he came close to me and asked: "Aren't you looking for change before I get back to work?"

I pretended not to get him, so he leaned closer. And I said, "I won't this time, but I will touch my toy torpedo!" LMAO! Playing along... I'll be "in trouble" when he gets back from work. LOL!
                      i never thought of that...that's awesome! hehe change....

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X