Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about relationships!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about relationships!?

Hey! Okay, this is a little embarrassing for me to admit. I'm 20 years old and I've never really had a boyfriend before. I mean I've dated but I've never actually commited myself to a guy. Call me crazy, but I guess I'm just waiting for my prince charming (as cliched as that sounds lol). I feel as though I'm the only one sometimes whom will never find Mr. Right. I see my friends happy with their boyfriends and such and can't help but be envious of them. The thing is, whenever I think about getting into a relationship, I get scared and start to overthink things. Am I the only one this happens to? Is it normal for someone my age to have not that much experience in dating? I'd really appreciate some advice from anyone!
    ..Let It Be**..

• Of course you're not alone and of course it's normal (never doubt yourself about being "normal" ). What are you worried about the most? Committing to one man or doing/saying something wrong? Your friends might seem happy now but so many relationships go wrong. The advantage of dating and "trying out" yourself in relationships is experience. You won't find "Mr. Right" right away, without knowing what you are looking for in a man, without testing yourself in relationships, without knowing what you want sexually. Experience is more important than marrying the first guy you fall for.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieBear55 View Post
      Hey! Okay, this is a little embarrassing for me to admit. I'm 20 years old and I've never really had a boyfriend before. I mean I've dated but I've never actually commited myself to a guy. Call me crazy, but I guess I'm just waiting for my prince charming (as cliched as that sounds lol). I feel as though I'm the only one sometimes whom will never find Mr. Right. I see my friends happy with their boyfriends and such and can't help but be envious of them. The thing is, whenever I think about getting into a relationship, I get scared and start to overthink things. Am I the only one this happens to? Is it normal for someone my age to have not that much experience in dating? I'd really appreciate some advice from anyone!
      This is pretty normal. making the plunge into a relationship is a big step. To get into one, you have to make your best choice, and then put your misgivings aside and commit. Others have failed and others have succeeded. Don't be stopped by fear when it is the right thing to do.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Remember, your friends will always, always claim to be estatic ....

But, that's not always the case...

You are normal, you actually are smart, you want to wait until someone "get's you"...

But yes don't let fear get in the way, dating is fun, date....you will know when that man walks in and makes you laugh and smile.....
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• 1. Being 'normal' or fitting into some statistal graph is highly overrated anyway and 2. Dating and relationships, being open to them... is something so highly individual and changes all the time (someone that may feel good about dating one year, may be content alone the next, etc).

Overthinking things is a highly common issue for many women -- focus on enjoying the moments you are in with someone. You are so young and unless you are INSANELY lucky -- you have many frogs to kiss before you find that prince So I think dating for the companionship, the fun... getting to know someone with no stress is the key -- because when you find the one you click with -- nature takes its course on leading from a dating situation to a boyfriend / girlfriend situation.
          Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Hi, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm going to be 20 soon also, and I haven't gotten into a relationship either.
            receiving flowers from individuals who are just my friends is quite nice, as I love to see flowers everyday

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Yesterday, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
            • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Yesterday, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
            • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X