Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can cheating ruin a girl permanently?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can cheating ruin a girl permanently?

So my closest guy friend Frank began dating this girl ( his first serious relationship in over 2 years) and he fell HARD for her. But he would continually tell me problems about their relationship and would say, "its not her fault she's like that because her ex cheated on her. It took me a long time to get her trust, so i understand its hard for her. But ill prove myself though."(isnt he disgustingly perfect? lol) I thought that was a **************** excuse to be honest. But then my first boyfriend from 7th grade started dating me again. And turns out the whole three months we dated he had a girlfriend, one he was planning to propose to.

I feel so horrible. Because he would say he was scared to trust me because i had broken his heart in 7th grade. Instead of realizing how stupid he was, i felt the need to to prove how much i cared and that he could trust me. Ironic right? I confronted him and felt great about how i did it. But now i just feel like ********. I DO NOT want him back. But i still feel like ********.

Am i going to be like my friend Frank's girlfriend? Constantly feeling pitiful and worthless?
    Your most beautiful when you are doing what you love

• What hurts the most, is that i told myself i wouldnt rush this relationship. But i felt the need to prove myelf so we had sex multiple times, showing him that i trust him enough. And those stupid moments where id pause, mid-sex and tell him i loved him. It just makes me feel awful. Disgusted with myself.
    Your most beautiful when you are doing what you love

Comment

• Why so much self loathing girl? You didn't know he was dating someone else. You just put yourself out there with the wrong person. And it won't likely be the last time you put yourself out there with the wrong person. I've done it....over and over and over.....but somewhere along the line i will put myself out there for the right person.

Cheating hurts. It creates wounds. But wounds heal. They are not permanent. The only wounds that become permanent are the ones that form scars....and the ones that form scars are only the ones you continuously rip open over and over. The scars are your choice. You let the wound heal, and you move forward.......or you self loathe, refuse to let it heal, punish yourself, put yourself repeatedly back into the situation and then you will have permanent scars.

So no...are you ruined permanently because this guy from a 3 month relationship cheated on you? No....not unless you choose to be.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X