Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will he leave his girlfriend for me?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will he leave his girlfriend for me?

Here's the story so far, any help and advice would be much appreciated.

I am 17, just about to turn 18 and I've fallen head over heels for a man who's a lot older than me. I've always dated older men, but this man - Mr G we'll call him - is divorced and has 2 children. I met him on a night out, and we ended up kissing - me thinking he was single, ect and he thinking I was a few years older than I really am. Since then we've been texting 24/7, and we get on so well and we really like each other .. but then I see him out with another girl holding hands .. I text him asking about this, and who she is and he confesses shes is his girlfriend of 3 months, and that hes been waiting for the right time to tell me about her. That was all a few weeks ago, since then I've really fallen for him, and he feels the same - we've met up, and talked but nothing is happening? Am I being stupid for thinking he might actually leave his girlfriend? I know the age gap is an issue, but surely? I am feeling really stupid for even getting myself in this situation and dont know what to do - all advice welcome! Thank you.

• Are you ready to be the Step-Mom? Are you ready to sit at home while he has visitation with his two children for weekends or weeks that DON'T and WON'T include you? Are you ready for him to spend every holiday with his family and not you? Have you asked him why his marriage broke up? Do you know if he cheated on his wife? Do you care?
    This guy is obviously a player and you are playing right into his game. Notice he said he was waiting for the right time to tell YOU about HER, not waiting for the right time to tell HER about YOU. He's cheating and will cheat sexually given half the chance. My advise to you is to get far away, meet persons more your age and circumstance. Have fun, don't get tied down with a man that may want to treat you as part of his child-care when he gets his visitations. He's got two children already, what happens when you want to have a child? Will it be the case of No, that's not happening, or I already have children I don't need any more.
    You are not thinking straight at this point. Take a step back and be unavailable for a while and see what he does with his current lady friend.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Just did some searching on this forum though and way back in July 2013 you posted that you were 19 years of age, engaged to be married, etc. Is this or is this not you?

" I've been there almost exactly, I was 19 with a secure job and a flat of my own and I'd been dating my now-fiance for literally 3 weeks and naturally we just kinda started living together "

You also say you have a Nursing Degree, you are working in Customer Service and various other inconstancies. I'm a bit perplexed here, can you tell which is the correct story?

The reason I ask is because my answer may be completely different if indeed you are engaged to another person, yet are willing to have this affair with this person. My response to a 17 year old is different than a response to an older individual.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
        Just did some searching on this forum though and way back in July 2013 you posted that you were 19 years of age, engaged to be married, etc. Is this or is this not you?

" I've been there almost exactly, I was 19 with a secure job and a flat of my own and I'd been dating my now-fiance for literally 3 weeks and naturally we just kinda started living together "

You also say you have a Nursing Degree, you are working in Customer Service and various other inconstancies. I'm a bit perplexed here, can you tell which is the correct story?

The reason I ask is because my answer may be completely different if indeed you are engaged to another person, yet are willing to have this affair with this person. My response to a 17 year old is different than a response to an older individual.
        I did wonder if someone would notice, sadly my life inst that complicated - my friend couldn't be bothered registering to the site, so used my account.

Comment

• Also, I do have a nursing degree. And I now work in customer services, and I said I WAS 19 ... ten years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyecountrygril View Post
            Also, I do have a nursing degree. And I now work in customer services, and I said I WAS 19 ... ten years ago.
            Skye, it's difficult to know who is who, what is what if you have allowed a friend to use your account...

Here you say you are 17 about to turn 18 but in your reply to Claret, you state " I said I WAS 19, 10 years ago"... Who is talking here?

I think you should give us more background no one can assist you with answers if we don't know who we are answering..

Our long term members will take the time to read more of the OP's (you in this instance), past posts in order to try to provide an opinion that helps. Bare in mind, to do that takes time, time our members take out to help..

We look forward to you providing us with more information regarding yourself so others and Claret can reply further.

CW
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Okay...for a moment let's pretend that you are indeed 17 (perhaps you are), I'm going to respond to your post as is.

He's much older than you, and he kissed you WHILE he had a girlfriend. He had only been with her a couple months and already cheating on her? Doesn't sound like quite the catch you think he is.

You have fallen victim to the manipulative charm of this older man. He is not your soul mate. Even if he does break up with his girlfriend for you, remember that when he's not in your sights you will be wondering "is he out kissing a younger woman?" Let it go. Do not contact him.

Now...as CW said, please explain the situation a bit so we understand who we're talking to. As Claret and CW BOTH said, it's hard to know how to respond when you don't know if you're talking to a 17 year old or a 29 year old.
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X