Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do women view men on the spot?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do women view men on the spot?

Ok well hello everybody im a 19 year old male. Ive never actually had a girlfriend before. I really would like a partner, someone who is fun and I can share my thoughts and feelings with. Im asian and i dont know if i am actualy good looking or not. Im short and im super shy with low confidence so i aint exactly the alpha male! I dont understand how women operate. do you judge attractiveness on looks or personal qualities? For example say if you were in a store with a average looking guy and suddenly he approaches you and he is a sweet man do you feel attracted to the guy? for guys they just really focus on the girls looks and nothing underneath. I feel really sad since i feel like girls only like good looking males and hence why i get all shy around girls and anxious. I am willing to show you a picture of me if i can trust you. Ask me more if you would like to know more about me.

Thanks

Mart

• If you have any brains you wouldn't be attracted to someone that was so shallow as to judge any other person on looks alone. Why do you think women would really want someone that only judged them on their looks? Women, real women, are attracted to so much more, the trick is to find the one that is attracted to you.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I'm a male but I do have some advice. Meet women in an environment in which you can demonstrate a talent. If you are 19, then you are probably in school. Join a club/group that does an activity you enjoy and are good at. Affinity groups are great places to meet others who share an interest or hobby. Even if you meet other guys, they may hang out in a group that includes women with similar interests.

While chemistry is important, so are many other things. Allow people to get to know you as an individual and you will find a relationship. Have patience.
      "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Originally posted by martw95 View Post
        Ok well hello everybody im a 19 year old male. Ive never actually had a girlfriend before. I really would like a partner, someone who is fun and I can share my thoughts and feelings with. Im asian and i dont know if i am actualy good looking or not. Im short and im super shy with low confidence so i aint exactly the alpha male! I dont understand how women operate. do you judge attractiveness on looks or personal qualities? For example say if you were in a store with a average looking guy and suddenly he approaches you and he is a sweet man do you feel attracted to the guy? for guys they just really focus on the girls looks and nothing underneath. I feel really sad since i feel like girls only like good looking males and hence why i get all shy around girls and anxious. I am willing to show you a picture of me if i can trust you. Ask me more if you would like to know more about me.

Thanks

Mart

Well Mart you going at this the wrong way. I am no way the best looking guy or the worse looking guy but avg. But one thing women look for is confidence in your self. My wife is a great looker, I know she could have any better looking guy, but she married me and 27 years she still loves me we have 4 daughters. Most women I meant and know what a man who wows them with a good sense of humor and have many things in common plus show them respect not just a piece of meat. There's more to a relationship then just sex if that's what you looking for only. Then good luck you be better off getting hookers to help you out with all that. But from what i read you just trying to hard just relax and have self confidence in your self but you will never get a women showing all this shyness you are unless you meet a women in the sames boat as yourself so good luck.
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Woman here......and I come bearing some advice.

First and foremost: Beauty is DEFINITELY in the eye of the beholder. Haven't you ever seen someone with a significant other and thought "They found someone and I CAN'T!?" Chances are, their SO thinks they're the finest thing walking. Someone will think that about you too.

Second: CONFIDENCE. Brother....lack of confidence is one of the most unattractive things I've seen in any man. I have actually been VERY attracted to men before, who otherwise I would not have found physically attractive, just because of their stellar confidence. Carry yourself proudly, represent yourself proudly and with confidence. It will go A LONG way. If you are meek, shy, and perceived as weak and insecure = total turn-off. There is something super hot about a man who is confident and shows it in his attitude, his walk, his talk, his dress, etc. How to gain self confidence? It's a process, it won't happen over night and sometimes you might just have to fake it. But in the meantime, go to the gym, go shopping for a new wardrobe, listen to some new upbeat music. Do things that make you feel good and STEP OUT of your comfort zone.

Last: Don't over think. If you see a girl you're interested in pay attention, look for opportunity to make eye contact and smile. Look for opportunities to slip her a note, or simply say hello. If you hold yourself back in fear of rejection, you'll never move forward. You WILL be rejected at times...it's a fact of life. But you get over it, and move right a long. Not everyone will want you, but not everyone won't either.
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hey guys,
            I currently am not in college,university or school.
            I really dont know when a girl is interested. Seriously they never make eye contact or its just a quick glance without a smile. I am a open guy and just want a girl that i can talk to not just like a trophy wife. I really feel ugly for some reason. Do women just not notice or something? How can i meet girls?

Comment

• I currently am not in college,university or school.
              I really dont know when a girl is interested. Seriously they never make eye contact or its just a quick glance without a smile. I am a open guy and just want a girl that i can talk to not just like a trophy wife. I really feel ugly for some reason. Do women just not notice or something? How can i meet girls?
              Read the responses again. You're being a bit defeatist. Women want a man with confidence. Work on finding and developing yours.
              "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hey again and thank you for your attention. I understand women like confidence in a guy. Big yes. I really lack confidence since I feel so low compared to other guys. why? i dont feel like a good looking guy. Being short and i believe myself to be ugly drags my confidence down!! Its so hard for a man! and girls say they have it hard. I never had anyone really compliment me on my looks nor have i had someone say i look ugly.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                X